difference between mpii and mpiii

I don't know about the top on the MPIII being open up more over a MPII.
But the MPIII has larger bearings in it,for over driving it.

Randy

I've seen the MPIII pick up 25rwhp and lose 10ftlbs torque compared to a stock 1990 blower at the same drive ratio on an internally stock motor.

I've not seen it pick up anything over an MPII at drive ratio's of 15% or less on a modified motor.

Well anything is better than an early model blower. It seems the MP III is really only noticeably better at high boost. I would have thought with the inlet/outlet being so much bigger it would result in more gain than that.

XR7 Dave said:
I've seen the MPIII pick up 25rwhp and lose 10ftlbs torque compared to a stock 1990 blower at the same drive ratio on an internally stock motor.

I've not seen it pick up anything over an MPII at drive ratio's of 15% or less on a modified motor.

Dave may be right about a modified motor.I don't know,
I don't have one. This is what I see with a stock motor.
compairing the MPII to the MPIII .But it is close to what
Dave D. is pointing out in his experiances.

My Bird picked up power after running 20% overdrive.

At 10% overdrive ,I lost 2 lbs boost.But the
car ran a little bit better,not much.

Stock blower drive,I could not feel any extra power from the seat of pants dyno.lost boost.

I have not tried running 15% overdrive yet. I have the pullies,
just no time to swap out and test.

I plan to jump up to 30% overdrive, after I install Snow alky
injection to cool IC temps more. Then I will see what blower
overdrive pulley percentage is best to run my stock motor at.
15%, 20%, or 30%.

As far as drag race time the MPIII took off .3th off the 1/4 mile ET.

MY RWHP gain going from a MPII to a MPIII plus a MP FMIC.
I went from 250RWHP to 280RWHP. But the 280 RWHP was not
a safe tune. My final tune with out detonation was 265.2 RWHP
& 369.2 TQ For daily driving. My max RWHP with out detonation
now is 273. Runnig 93oc. gas only.I don't see me getting much
higher running pump gas only.

Randy

So, by looking at the mods in my signature, do you feel the MPIII would be justifiable purchase for the gains compared to a MPII, Autorotor or (gulp) M112 setup?

25hp for for $1500+ doesn't sound right for me. My blower is a '90 with a 10% OD. How much are the autorotors running for Dave?

Thanks for the info guys.

All I'm saying is that there is a trade off between low rpm efficiency and high rpm efficiency. I've witnessed it. The MPIII made less boost and less torque than a stock M90 at low rpm and then made more boost and more HP at high rpm with the same drive ratio.

As was pointed out above, there currently is no M112 option and the AR option is on hold for the moment.

well, as you know they is an M112 design that is being developed by Blue Tongue. That's was I was refering to.

Thanks for the insight.

metalman said:
well, as you know they is an M112 design that is being developed by Blue Tongue. That's was I was refering to.

Thanks for the insight.

Keep waiting, its only been 2 years :)

Paul's post from his thread:

BT Motorsports said:
I will not be quoting any #s from customer's cars. All I will say is that the #s have been right on with my predicitions and both the customers and myself are very pleased with the results.
At some point in time, when I get my personal vehicle and/or the test mule on the rollers, I will likely add those charts to the web page. There has just been way to much slamming and arguing in various threads over the past year or two because of dyno #s, track performance or looks. After watching the AR vs. MP thread, I have better things to do with my time than go through that kind of mud which benefitted absolutely no one in this community.

Paul
Forgive me if this was rude to post.

Back