Mysterious liquid in IC tube...

Kurt K

SCCoA Member
OK, I think I know what this is, but I wanted to see what others think.

FWIW, I had to remove the IC just so I could remove my tranny cooler to get it flushed....yeah, I almost regret "hiding" my tranny cooler. While the IC is out, I will also be upgrading to a bigger nozzle for my Snow kit.

Attachments

• IC_stuff.JPG
    IC_stuff.JPG
    156.2 KB · Views: 209
  • IC_stuff2.JPG
    IC_stuff2.JPG
    171.8 KB · Views: 131
Kurt,

It looks like boost juice mixed with the usual motor oil that everyone gets from the PCV system. Looks like the mist is hitting the wall of the IC tube when spraying and then running back down to the bottom of the tube when your not at WOT.

I think you need to relocate your nozzel to the top of the IC tube or on the return plenum like I did.

David

David Neibert said:
Kurt,

It looks like boost juice mixed with the usual motor oil that everyone gets from the PCV system. Looks like the mist is hitting the wall of the IC tube when spraying and then running back down to the bottom of the tube when your not at WOT.

I think you need to relocate your nozzel to the top of the IC tube or on the return plenum like I did.

David

Im with David on this one, thats exactly what i was thinking.

Yes, I too suspected the Boost Juice mixed with standard PCV oil. I just didn't expect that much.

As for relocting my nozzle, that's not part of the plan right now because I don't want to take anymore of the car apart. I might try to add another shut-off solenoid near the nozzle with a delayed shutoff (so I don't dead-head the pump).

Kurt K said:
Yes, I too suspected the Boost Juice mixed with standard PCV oil. I just didn't expect that much.

As for relocting my nozzle, that's not part of the plan right now because I don't want to take anymore of the car apart. I might try to add another shut-off solenoid near the nozzle with a delayed shutoff (so I don't dead-head the pump).

Kurt,

I wonder if it would help to raise the point/MAF voltage that the pump starts spraying to insure that the air is moving fast enough to carry all the mist up the IC tube and into the intake manifold.

David

So do you think that it would be a good idea to weld a bung
in the IC tube. At say around a angle of 45 dgrees to thread
the nozzle into.

Would this help the water alky to stay in the air path.
Instead of spraying out of the nozzle & banging straight
into the wall of the IC tube.

Randy

Randy N Connie said:
So do you think that it would be a good idea to weld a bung
in the IC tube. At say around a angle of 45 dgrees to thread
the nozzle into.

Would this help the water alky to stay in the air path.
Instead of spraying out of the nozzle & banging straight
into the wall of the IC tube.

Randy

That doesn't sound like a bad idea Randy. But my lack of welding skills and the fact that I refuse to remove the lower IC tube until I have to, I'll just keep it the way it is.

As for the MAF voltage: I though I had it coming on a little later than most people...I'll have to check.

I dont see how you would be spraying enough boost juice at any rpm where you would hit the turn on for the injection that would cause that. If that was the case it surely be at an RPM where you would feel a bog. Maybe you have a leak in the system if not blowby or a gasket leak.

Randy N Connie said:
Do you think some one make a spraybar to mount through the center
of the IC tube?

Randy
That's an idea Randy, but I'm not that motivated to do anything different right now.

Kurt K said:
That's an idea Randy, but I'm not that motivated to do anything different right now.

Jezzz with that attitude there will be no trophies at the 2006 Shootout
for you!! :)

Probabaly will not even be able to beat Damon down the track.
Rumor has it, that he has signed up early for the 06 Shootout

Randy

Randy N Connie said:
Jezzz with that attitude there will be no trophies at the 2006 Shootout
for you!! :)

Probabaly will not even be able to beat Damon down the track.
Rumor has it, that he has signed up early for the 06 Shootout

Randy

In my best David Neibert voice, "I don't think Damon really exists" :)

Back