"Silver Bullet" is back runing again after 3 years

"Finally after 3 years"

The Bullet is in top running form fired it up today after installing the new trans and converter with no help that was a task. I got that bugger in I couldent waite no longer it was sorta warm out to do it. I warmed her up ran it through the gears shifts hard and firm high gear is nice it never did that before. Man the blower whine with the Cogged pulleys is awesome:D Open headers rings your ears but good it all checks out ok no leaks. Thanks to Interstate transmission Ron Randell for setting up a nice trans for me. Now to figure out a tow car to pull my trailer my next big task in line. I am looking at next month test and tune hope it enters the low 11's

Last edited:
Maybe it's about time you stop talking about your "comeback" and start racing your car?!:rolleyes:
Who cares about it anyhow?!:D :eek:

Thanks Guys

"Thanks Guys"

Its been a long time but we are back and happy its all good motor is sound no problems with it. It will be differaint with my side kick engine builder gone but life goes on have to move forward he felt with good trans to back the power it would run lower times the power is there. I am like a kid in a candy store cant get enough racing I got the EEC tunner dialed in programed at least we can control the timing now

Last edited:
CMac89 said:
Jim, put a front mount and an alky kit on that thing. Or just run race gas.:D

Race Gas is fast :D

I run the VP Nitrous race fuel same octain they run works great plugs look good. I want to see how quick I can go with double IC hope mid to low 11's than switch to MP front mount. Will run it first with no transbrake than install it come out at 3000 see how much it gains. First thing see how the EEC tuner improves the performance do it in steps not like before change a bunch and not know what helped it. Its a fun deal not out to set the world on fire like before well maybe well see. The 57 Pro Mod of mine takes lots of money still serching for big backer but the SC is the fun way dont take a tone of money to go fast bracket racing people are the best. Test & tune days are fun got time to cool it down between runs

Jim Demmitt Jr said:
Race Gas is fast :D

I run the VP Nitrous race fuel same octain they run works great plugs look good.

You are using the NOS/VP 122? We use to run that in the racecar with the 418/nitrous setup. Good fuel.

Try testing some of the VP "Import" fuel... ;)

Blown 91 Bird said:
You are using the NOS/VP 122? We use to run that in the racecar with the 418/nitrous setup. Good fuel.

Try testing some of the VP "Import" fuel... ;)

Yes VP Nitrous fuel it loves it.

We tried Trick racing fuel Pro Stock purple it dident like it VP seams to be best for my setup. I put frozen plastic deals around the fuel cell to keep it cool that helps as well work like a cool can

Try VP's C25. This is the fuel that Pro Stock uses. VP C925 is the best fuel that VP sells.

I also tried a company called "RocketFuel" 118 gas. It is 4 bucks a gallon and works alot better than C11 or C12.

im tellin ya... try out the VP "Import" fuel. We picked up 2 tenths with this fuel, but toobad it wouldnt come remotely close to passing the fuel check, even mixed 30/70 with c16 :(

Diehard said:
Maybe it's about time you stop talking about your "comeback" and start racing your car?!:rolleyes:
Who cares about it anyhow?!:D :eek:

ya know what i care . newbie should not talk down to old time members.

now if your sc goes 11s then speakup if not bow down to a quiker car owner.

sorry but i have no respect for people without respect for others.

this is a car cub site we are all like family and dont need to have this kind of bashing . and it will not be tolerated. in this forum .

now play nice and lets sit back and see how jim does this time around .
jim good luck with the low 11s . your friend till the end manny.

your illegitimet brother from the south so calif lol

oh yeah any evil responses shou8ld be sent to me personally at ,
mannysc@msn.com as my thoughts are my own and do not represent the sccoa and its members in anyway shap or form .
if I hurt your feelings who cares about it anyhow?:D :eek:

Jim,

Glad to hear you have the car up and running again. Guess that means I better get mine done and ready to race too, so you don't pass me up this year.

BTW, When are you planning to go to the track ?

David

Good luck with the car this year jim,hope it hits the times your lookin for.
Just wonderin though what blower are you using ?

so what you are saying is???

mannysc said:
ya know what i care . newbie should not talk down to old time members.

now if your sc goes 11s then speakup if not bow down to a quiker car owner.

So does this mean that I can get in on this one:D ??? Just kidding, glad to see that you got it running again. Now all you have to do is get it to go faster than all of us that passed you up while you were on break...Good luck and "GO KICK SOME BUTT" .......Rich

David Neibert said:
Jim,

Glad to hear you have the car up and running again. Guess that means I better get mine done and ready to race too, so you don't pass me up this year.

BTW, When are you planning to go to the track ?

David

Thanks Dave

Have to get get the tow car smogged and licenced its been sitting 3 years as well than we are good to go. Cant waite to see what these changes do for it looking at mid next month if all goes to plan. I will just be glad to get out of the 11.90's and start moving up

redtbirdsc said:
Good luck with the car this year jim,hope it hits the times your lookin for.
Just wonderin though what blower are you using ?

Thank you!

I am runing the M-90 my dad ported thats getting 19.5lbs of boost at 15% overdrive it got us in the 11's it will perform better now with my changes to the car. It would be neat to get an SC into low 11's with double intercooler well see how far we can take it. I got the power just need to hit the right tune on the EEC got the transbrake to install after our first test runs

Back