Another Exhaust System Question

SuperDad

I was wondering if anyone knows if this exhaust system
set up will bolt right up to my '95 SC. Also, will this be an easy driveway install with no mod's or welding.:rolleyes:
1)SCP High Flow 2 1/4 Down tubes with Cat's
2)Flowmaster Resinator Kit
3)Flowmaster Res-back kit

Thanks, Jim
SuperDad

Just browsing around other threads, Some guys have had muffler shops do an exhaust system for them & it seems to be alot cheaper!
Will it be better, the same or worse?

Get a shop to do it all :) I did something similar to your plan and ended up wasting a couple hundred.

i had a shop clone the scp big dog exhaust for me and it was $80 cheaper and i didn't have to install it.i just took them some pics and they did the rest.i recently added some cat delete downtubes from texas thunderbirds and it sounds sweet!!!!!!

Thanks for the info.
Doesn't the big dog system sound really loud? It would seem to.
I want to put new downpipes for sure, but living in Cali, I need the cats.
I just want a system that won't blow my ears off.
SD

i've got magmaflow resonator and mufflers.it was pretty quiet until i put the cat delete downtubes on.now when you go wide f***ing open it has a mean sound to it.

That brings up another question, Is there a big difference between magna flow, flowmaster, or dynomax?

everyone has their own opinion on muffler brand.i happen to like magnaflow,others may dislike them.i also have a 89sc with a flowmaster cat-back exhaust system on it. i think it sounds ok but it doesn't sound even close to my 94sc exhaust. granted i have no cats on the 94 but i remember what it sounded like before i removed them.others on this site will probably chime in on their likes and dislikes and hopefully that will help you make your decision.

personally i like in order 1st borla,2nd magnaflow and 3rd flowmaster but all of them are really good brands.

Nickleman60, what did you do, purchase the mufflers and resinators, from a store than bring them to a muffler shop?

Big Dawg

SuperDad said:
Doesn't the big dog system sound really loud? It would seem to. SD
I have the SCCoA Big Dawg with SCCoA shorty headers, 2.5" down pipes, NO cats, NO Resonator. When I stick my foot in the supercharger, it gets pretty loud, in a ricer kinda way. That doesn't bother me to much, but it annoys the crap outa anybody behind me. But if you're behind me when I'm at WOT, I don't give a schitt, cuz, Buddy, YOU just LOST!!!!!!! It would probably sound a lot better with a resonator. Anyway, the exhaust also drones between 1800 & 2000 rpm. That's a good thing though, cuz if I hear that in 2nd gear, I know I'm exactly at 25 mph!!!!!!

68COUGAR

Last edited:
the shop i went to supplied the magnaflow resonator and mufflers.the pipes are 2 2.5" into the resonator,1 3" out that splits into 2 2.5" about 2' before the rearend.all joints are welded,no clamps .they charged me $660 installed.the scp big dog exhaust was $740 and i had to install it,no brainer. i bought the 2.25" cat delete downtubes from texas thunderbirds for $110

For what youare going to spend on parts you can have a 2.5 inch real dual exhaust system installed on a late model car. Why use res.? Cats to real duals and mufflers in the back.:D

But why run a single 3 inch pipe when you can run a true dual exhaust system? I took my car in had the old exhaust cut off and had true duals put on.It sounds like a muscle car instead of a fart can.:eek:

i know someone who has true duals and if anything sounds like a fart can(ricer) it does. my exhaust sounds really good especially since i installed the cat delete downtubes.true duels on a v-6 imo sounds like crap,no pun intended.

Back