Instrument Cluster

ironworker

145 Instrument Cluster for a 94 to 95 .. will its work in an 89 sc.. would the speedometer work in my car.. sence mine only goes to 120 and this one goes to 145..

Yep they work, just change the speedo out of the cluster don't change the whole cluster wiring may be different on the cluster. I tried to change my cluster and the board at the back was a different color and wouldn't work in my 92 so I just changed the guages and it worked fine.

The wiring is different on 94/95 SC's then 89-93 SC's so what you will have to do is take the speedometer head out of the 94/95 cluster and place it into your 89-93 cluster.

Shane

quick35th said:
The wiring is different on 94/95 SC's then 89-93 SC's so what you will have to do is take the speedometer head out of the 94/95 cluster and place it into your 89-93 cluster.

Shane

The guage clusters on the 89-93's are not all interchangeable. I bought an 89 cluster and installed white faced guages and it wouldn't work with my 92. The backing/circuit board on the 89 I beleive was red and the 92 was green.(colors could have been reversed it was a long time ago) It plugged in fine but didn't work properly. Changed all the guages into my cluster and they worked perfect except I didn't like the night light that the white faced guages had and swapped back to stock.:D

shotbirdsc said:
The guage clusters on the 89-93's are not all interchangeable. I bought an 89 cluster and installed white faced guages and it wouldn't work with my 92. The backing/circuit board on the 89 I beleive was red and the 92 was green.(colors could have been reversed it was a long time ago) It plugged in fine but didn't work properly. Changed all the guages into my cluster and they worked perfect except I didn't like the night light that the white faced guages had and swapped back to stock.:D

What didn't work about it? Was the speedometer off by about 5-10 mph?

Shane

When the lights were turned on it did other things on the cluster, The wiring was different, the color of the wiring circuit board was different and was routed differently. This was a few years ago so I don't remember exactly what functions were different just know that it didn't work until I swapped out the guages into my old cluster. The circuit board color was the tell tell sign though that it was different. I never did drive the car with the wrong cluster as I didn't want to damage anything but when I put it in the original cluster the speedo registered properly with the other clusters speedo.

Sorry Ironworker, just change the speedo and enjoy your 145mph reading.

yeah that happened to me.... things were jumping around and lights were blinking that never blunk before.... just the speedo does fine.... makes ur car seem faster when u stare it at and ur like WOW 145MPH....

Back