My other summer hobbie...whats yours?

GONE14S

kurt%20zx9r.jpg

:D

Kurt

Last edited:
My Summer Hobbies

"Muscle Car cruising" & "SC Racing"

This summer get the 63 Galaxie 427 "Beast" out do the car shows burger joint get togethers maybe some Goodguys events. The car is a blast to drive 427ci 2x4 carbs 4 speed 500+HP the sound of a big block. And my new Hobbie or the Resurrection of the Silver Bullet SC race it a lot at Sac test & tune and bracket races with Kurts help

For you guys into bikes I went on one of Kurts club rides that was fun two wheel rockets I got to ride in Wendys 05 Stang following them neat car :)

My wife and I are into Motorcycle riding (Cruiser style).
So I'm upgrading on the accesories in my down time.
The BAD part is, I'm going in for shoulder/Carpel Tunnel surgery on my Right arm, so it loks like I'm going to miss the whole riding seasone.
They're talking 6-9 months recouperation/Thereapy!

;+(

Roger

Kurt,

That would be too close to "two up riding" and we don't go there!
:D
A bike for each of us.

Hey Kurt how do you like the bike? I have a '05 Suzuki GSX-R 600 now and I ride it all the time, I love it.... but the dealing with the heat out her kinda sucks.

-Nathan

Roger,
I see your going to be a lonely man , sitting there all summer while you better half and I are out in the twisties......we will be thinking about ya this summer,,,,,,:D
Just wondering: do you we call it "two up" riding when she driving and your riding???? lol

Nathan.
I used to live in Tucson, I was able to deal with the heat if you go up the hill there, but it was those com-a-cozy big a$$ bugs that you have to duck that bother me. Catinla HWY up into the Nat. Forest is nice. THere are a few folks parked along the road , but after that it's all twisities....:)
Riding is a little better than the car club. It's easy to get 15 or so riders at any givin time to ride and do the lunch thing on the hill some place.

Kurt

Last edited:
I have a 1982 Yamaha Seca 750 ...
I'm trying to find someone who drives coast to coast that could pick it up for me in Missouri and bring it to California for $200-300.

Might be easier to pick a bike up here for about 500.00 more;)

Kurt

Last edited:
Kurt,

The wife and I just went out to Phoenix to see my son out there.
His girlfriend is attending MMI (Motorcycle Mechanics Institute).
# 1 in her class!
I had lived a pretty sheltered life but we did manage to go up to Sedona one day and down to Segora the next.
Beautiful weather.
Still can't get used to all those bike riders running around without a helmet though.

As for riding with my wife....I think not! :D

BESIDES; SHE CARRY'S A GUN (and a Badge)!
;)

Last edited:
Still can't get used to all those bike riders running around without a helmet though.

I hear that! I don't ride with out gear no matter how hot it is.

BESIDES; SHE CARRY'S A GUN (and a Badge)!
So what that means we are'nt going to have any fun. If she wants to bring her badge and then let her.
Does she ride a bike on the job....???? :eek: :D :D :D

Kurt

Actually she was instrumental in setting up a Motorcycle Policy and purchasing a patrol Bike for the last Agency she worked for, but there are no "Bike Patrols" where she';s at now.

Roger

good ole Mt Lemmon :) yeah it is really nice up there.... they repaved it very recently too it is an awesome ride up there. Me and my old roommate would go up there all the time (he rides a superhawk). Yeah it does seem easier to get bikers together then car people.

When did you live out here Kurt?? Yeah the heat out here is a little more liveable when you have a textile jacket. The no helmet thing is kinda creepy and wierds me out whenever i see it too. I have to wear a helmet at all times though (i am in the military) and it is a damn good thing too because when I wrecked in november I landed on my shoulder and head.

-Nathan

Nathan,
We used to live there in 92-93.
We lived down near Speedway and Harrison. It was a quick jump from there to Mt. Lemon. It's funny, I supprized that I forgot the name of that hill.
When I was riding it the road was in need of repair from the Tucson side up to the ski lift. Not to mention all the folks parked on the side of the road. After you got pass the ski lift it was nice. I played on a lot of roads back in there.
Other than that the rest of the Tucson area was flat and boring to me.
I like riding in the summer time in AZ. Even when it's a 110 it really does not feel like it after you get used to it. It's a dry heat,unlike Ca.

I have ridden since I was able to walk and have done some track days here.
I have seen alot of folks go down and not have there gear on. Some live and some die. It's good that you wear you gear,sounds like you already had a use for it. I really don't try to twisit the throttle to much on the open HWY, but than again I'm no angle either. I try to pick those times when I think it's some what safe......ok,blah,blah,blah.....keep the rubber side down.

Here some pic's from a couple of weeks ago with a small group of folks;

http://p207.ezboard.com/fdfrsacramentofrm2.showMessage?topicID=317.topic

Maybe ,when you get a chance, you can get some pic's of Mt. Lemon for me.

Kurt

Last edited:
Man!
I just added a set of Custom Tribal Flamed Forwards last weekend.
Sold my Corbin Stinger Seat and I'm having them make me a new Custom Solo seat.As soon as I get that seat, then the painters going to match the piping color and ad some EXCITEMENT to the paint!
New levers are being Custom Made along with Custom Rear Fender Rails!

WHOOOOOOOOO.....HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!:D :D :D

You can see the progress at my website under Accessories and Modification.

Go to: http://home.pon.net/wwotr/2002 honda shadow ace

Let me know what you think!

Roger
"RUDE TOY"

Back