chip needed for 5% od pulley?

jhosler

I went to my local speed shop this afternoon, and the guy told me that I needed a chip programed for my '95 SC to work correctly with the 5% pulley. Is this true???

Any info would be great.

thanks,
Jason

jhosler said:
I went to my local speed shop this afternoon, and the guy told me that I needed a chip programed for my '95 SC to work correctly with the 5% pulley. Is this true???

Any info would be great.

thanks,
Jason
No it isn't necessary, but everybody can benefit from a good dyno tune.

Just to answer your question you don't "need" one.

BEWARE of Bow-Tie wearing "speed shop guys"

jhosler said:
I went to my local speed shop this afternoon, and the guy told me that I needed a chip programed for my '95 SC to work correctly with the 5% pulley. Is this true??? Jason
That depends on his defination of "correctly". You can run a 5% or 10% pulley without touching the computer, Especially a '94 - '95. Sure you might be able to get a few more hp WITH a tune, but it is not NECESSARY.

Does your "speed shop guy" wear a Bow-Tie? My guess is that your speed shop guy, doesn't know much about SC's OR he just wants to sell you some worthless computer chip. Either way, Is that the kinda person you want to deal with?

I'm NOT saying that ALL computer chips are worthless. The Flip-Chips that XR7Dave sells are GREAT!!!!!!!!!! His chips come with custom programs taylored for YOUR car. Included in the price of his chips, is a dyno tune. You pay for the dyno time, but the tuning is free.

68COUGAR

68COUGAR said:
Does your "speed shop guy" wear a Bow-Tie? My guess is that your speed shop guy, doesn't know much about SC's OR he just wants to sell you some worthless computer chip. Either way, Is that the kinda person you want to deal with?

no, he specializes in Mustangs and SHO's, he used to have lots of parts for SC's then he got out of it.

Back