wheel dust cap.

darkstar_one

Hey,

Well i switched to the cobra hub and i am pleased. BUt now i need the front wheel dust caps. i went to autozone and to this other local parts place and they all gave me the same part number 13975 MOTORMITE. I tried to install it but they are too small.... Do i have to get this part directly from FORD? I dont want to special order these at my loal fords cuz then they get all mad if its not the right part number... Thanks... the cobra hub looks atleast 2 inches in diameter for the wheel dust cap. thanks again.

94 - 04 Mustang front hubs use the same dust caps as 89 - 97 MN-12 front hubs. OEM Ford number is F3DZ 1N135 A. $8 each up here.

cheers
Ed N.

okay... so i am guessing this is a dealer only part because if what you are saying is true then this motormite dust caps that they sold to me would also fit my MN12 hub which they dont. here are pics. hmmm

hubdog009.jpg

<p>
here is a pic of the original mn12 hub. doesnt fit that either.
hubdog008.jpg

I'm not sure if they are available from an aftermarket source or not. The originals are moulded black plastic caps. The MotorMite ones you have there look like they would be for an older application with the hub and rotor cast as one piece, and replaceable inner & outer wheel bearings ... like the Fox cars and prior to that.

cheers
Ed N.

Not to steal the post. But wouldnt the dust cap from the vehicle the hubs came from work? And does it matter what model 94-04 mustang you get the hubs from?

Back