Multi function switch

ThunderDave

My blinkers work when they want to. I've tried two other switches. Just got one from Racecougar and it does the same thing. Is there something that would cause the blinkers to not blink all the time, other than the switch itself? Is the a relay or something that could be bad?

Thanks!

David,

My 35th has the same issue, I am convinced that the multifunction switch is the problem on it. The hazards are the only thing that works. Sometimes if I move the arm fast enough the turn signals will work but its not often that they do. Thats why I am convinced its the multifunction switch on my 35th thats bad. Hope this helps!

Shane

You know the sound the turn signals make. Follow the sound and you will find the turn signal solenoid. Its by the fuse block or in it depending on year This might just cure your problem. Just so you know there are 2 diffent multi function switches. They look the same but one will not allow your low beams to come on in cars without auto head lights.

scbird1 said:
Just so you know there are 2 diffent multi function switches. They look the same but one will not allow your low beams to come on in cars without auto head lights.

That is true, however I did send him the correct one for his car. The MFS was also checked before it was shipped, so I'm betting that it is the flasher module that is causing the problem.

I vaugely remember that the flasher module is located under the dash near the steering column. Does anyone have a better description or even pictures of the flasher module for David?

-Rod

mine does the exact same thing, i spent countless time and money trying to figure this one out, it wasn't the multi funtion switch b/c it did the same thing with both, it wasn't the turn signal relay underneath the dash because still did the same with a brand new one, it is some where in the wiring, havn't gotten time to pinpoint wehre, but i took the cover of, jiggled some wires tried to push them in to make sure there was a connection, and it worked!!! for a couple weeks then i got the same thing back, no blinkers, i will have blinkers then it turns into a fast paced clicking noise, hit the top of the steerring column and presto! it works until the next time i try the blinker, that is how i solved this :p some dayi will find the short, but until then i am convinced it is the wiring in the steering column.... take it or leave it

That sounds like the ignition switch. They are known to get lots of play in them. Try that next guys.

snakesm13 said:
i will have blinkers then it turns into a fast paced clicking noise, hit the top of the steerring column and presto! it works until the next time i try the blinker, that is how i solved this

Is that why we call them "beaters" ?????:D

It also works pretty good for just about any kind of rattle or buzzing noise that he dash makes, as well.....:D

:D Well, I took all this into consideration and when I went to go pick up my son from school, it was working at first. Then it stopped working. I still had the shroud off, so I jiggled the harness and no change. I decided I'd knock the crap out of the bottom of the steering column :eek: and what do you know, they started working again. So maybe it is that module that is bad. Now I just need to find a good one. Thanks for the help and input. :cool:

I think I still have one of those moduals/ I had bought one a while back,and it turned out to be OK afterall. Paid like $60 from teh Fraud dealership.
If you want it let me know....If I can find it it's yours for cheap!
Tom

Back