Engine bay teaser pics

Rick Mink

Got bored the other day aand took some photos of the engine bay. I've been redoing the loom and making it look all pretty. Whatcha guys think??

Rick

Attachments

• enginebayloom.jpg
    enginebayloom.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 246
  • Enginebayloom2.jpg
    Enginebayloom2.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 217
  • enginebayloom3.jpg
    enginebayloom3.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 226
well, the paint is a little bit of a touchy subject. I had the rolling chasis taken to a local shop to be painted. Long story short, the guy totoally messed up my car. it was in decient shape but needed a little tlc before paint. The idiots did next to no prep and the quality of work sucked. I'd love to kick the guy in the nuts and take away his spray gun. Gonna cost me a whole lot more to fix than I initially paid to get it painted. The engine bay doesnt look too bad cuz I wet sanded and buffed the snot out of it. The color is call Sparklescent Nightmare Blue. Looks really cool, shifts color from really deep dark purple to brilliant saphire blue. The frame rails were scuffed, coated with eastwood rust encapsillator and finally sprayed with duplicolor flat black enamel.

Rick

It looks as if they used a spray bomd in there not a spray gun. They didnt tape anything. Go ahead and kick em in the nutz. The color looks good. It will look better with the motor in there.

I have to agree with Brad. Colored wire loom just looks cheap and it detracts from the awesome work on the paint. IMO you want to draw attention to the things that look good and you want the things that don't to be black or grey. Wires don't look good except for plug wires. For the same reason I don't like a lot of polished things under the hood. You only polish the things you want to draw attention to.

Where is that engine now, and I want to see those heads polished. :D

Thats the cool thing about working on cars, what suits one doesnt necessarily suit another. My wires and stuff looked like crap so I cleaned it all up. I have a pic or two of the intake after it was glass beaded that I'll scan and post tomorrow. looks real nice, its a shame that you'll hardly see any of it. How bout a pic of my new rims and my xmas present from my sweetie?? I pick up the engine begining of next week. Lesson learned, don't buy too many parts too early in the process cuz you end up losing lots of time returning stuff.

Rick

Attachments

• ADRSterlingside.jpg
    ADRSterlingside.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 103
  • P1010067.jpg
    P1010067.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 88
Nice Wheels, and nice gift from the Sweetie. The only thing I got from my Sweetie of 17 years was Divorce papers..........................

The wheels I like
And I agree different strokes for different folks I was just given my $.02 hes doing a great job making it his own, when people see mine im sure im gonna get the why the hell did you do that comment more then once :D

Back