Code 565!! Help...

supersc

I pulled the codes from my SC yesterday to make sure everything was ok. I got code :

565: Cannister Purge (CANP) Solenoid-Circuit Failure.

Does anyone have any ideas what this might mean...I know the cannister is the one that contains the fuel vapors and controls the passage of the vapors from the cannister to the intake manifold. Where is this cannister located? how do you test the solenoid? Thanks for the help.....

SuperSC

Purge Canister is part of the emissions system. There is probably a valve on it that controls when it is open to the line from the fuel tank.

I've never looked for one on my car so I wouldn't know where to tell you to look. Ford's purge canisters are usually a rounded rectangular shape and they are typically near the very front of the car as they need a vacume source.

Mine is in the front of the car on the passenger side. I think its down by the silencer or mayby closer to the radiator, but its somewhere in that area.

It's in the front bumper up in front of and below the passenger side headlight. I have the same code and need to replace mine, but I haven't done it yet.

Dale

Dale

Is that on your 89 or 94? I pulled my codes today and have the same code (85) on my '89 SC. I just want to make sure I have the right item.

Back