SC vs LX

ufdb

I've never driven or even been inside an LX, so I'm curious as to how they stack up against an SC.

For instance, what are the differences?......what are the similairities?

What do you like about one and not the other?

How does a stock SC compare with a stock V-8 LX as far as speed?

I love my SC's, yet whenever I see an LX I go "yuck, what a P.O.S." to myself. Do I have good reason to feel this way?...or am I just an idiot?

Or Both? LOL

titanium89scguy said:
sure the lx 4.6 maybe slower then the sc but all and all they ride pretty similar and i really like my lx

OK, one vote for idiot! LOL

I've got a 5.0 LX and I would much rather drive the SC. Handles better, better acceleration, it just rides much better and tighter. The SC feels better all the way around, with the exception of the brakes.

To me, a T-Bird is a T-Bird. Mainly because my 'Bird started out as N/A and is blown now. It doesn't matter to me whether it's a V6, V8, or Super Coupe.

I wouldn't say my vote goes for idiot ;) But don't snub your nose to the V6 or V8's. They are still nice cars.

-Melon

The only major difference is you can get the SC in a manual.

Otherwise, I like my 4.6L V8 Tbirds also, they arent as tempermental as the 3.8 SC engine.

- Dan

I own a 90 cougar ls,90 XR7,91 SC, 91 cougar ls 5.0 and a 95 xr7 4.6.and wouldn't trade my SC's for all 3 N/A's

Last edited:
phyxius said:
I own a 90 ls,91 SC, 91 ls 5.0 and a 95 xr7 4.6.and wouldn't trade my SC for all 3 N/A's.

Anything besides an early SC T-bird is just ugly to me. When they changed the front end to look more like the LX, I was unpleased.

But I find more people that like the Cougar, don't care much for the Birds, and vice versa. Here is an exception, these guys like em both mostly.

A T-bird without the ground effects/skirts is kinda wimpy, for lack of a better word.

I'm sometimes the same way, for I know when I see the LX or V6 MN12 owner they know I have the superior SC! ;) :p :D

Personally I love all MN12's irregaurdless of engine. Now the SC is just special period and that's all. Better suspension, trans options, styling, performance, seating. Beisdes that both are the same.

Now the only plus on the V8 is there are more choices when it comes to the 4.6, however since my years here its starting to become more and more of a level playing field. I know...most can't imagine the times befor MP now!:D

-Tim

I have both a SC v8 LX as well as an SC.

The lx has a different durometer rating in the rubber bushing, different spring rates, different shocks (no ARC), no rear disk, different sway bars. The steering ratio may be different but I am unsure. Feels that way on my lx. All of these items make the lx handle more like a Cadilac then an SC. Also the seats are completely different adding to the different feel.

The springs on my car are changed , the shocks, sway bars, seats reapulstered and it still doesnt quite have an SC feel to it. Thats also with 17;s all around...My lx is a 95 my sc a 94

DamonSlowpokeBaumann said:
different spring rates,
no rear disk,
different sway bars.

no
no
and
no

depends on the year however, my 96LX has the same springs, rear disk's and sway bars as the sc's

the sc has crappy cupholders, the lx got it right
the sc has heavy gfx that just slow it down lx dont ;-)

Jimmy 2Coupes said:
Cupholders, SC'ers don't need no stinking cupholders.:D

Agreed, in Motor Trend's write up of the SC they said this is a serious car for sports car enthusiasts and accordingly so, does not come with cupholders. Paraphrased of course since I am at work and the article is at home.

P.S. if your seats have bolsters on them (SC) to keep your butt in place, I doubt you want cupholders since stuff is gonna spill out anyhow! Point being, you are driving a car to be driven and not sippin' your soda!

Last edited:
I could have swore that the slot in the early SC's underneath the climate control panel is for a cup holder. I got my car with nothing in that slot, but I saw a picture of an SC with a cup holder slot in the dash right above the ash tray.

Besides, who wants to take the risk of spilling a drink in your mint SC?

CMac89 said:
I could have swore that the slot in the early SC's underneath the climate control panel is for a cup holder. I got my car with nothing in that slot, but I saw a picture of an SC with a cup holder slot in the dash right above the ash tray.

I have one in the DIN slot below the climate control. It houses coins and has a cup holder. I put the holder in for my passengers b/c I didn't trust them holding onto their much needed beverages with me driving. :D

CMac89 said:

your right.. i saw one on ebay not long ago. If i didnt put my guages in that spot, i would have got it... but for now, i just use the area between my seat and center consol for my cup holder :D

I just hold it in my crotch area. As bad as that sounded it is the only way I can explain it.:)

drinks fit perfectly inbetween the seat and center consol, where the seat belt is. Ive taken some turns at pretty stupid speeds and have had to do some serious emergency braking, and the drink never moved or spilled :D

but for now, i just use the area between my seat and center consol for my cup holder

drinks fit perfectly inbetween the seat and center consol, where the seat belt is. Ive taken some turns at pretty stupid speeds and have had to do some serious emergency braking, and the drink never moved or spilled

So True to both of those statements.
@

Back