Cold Air Intake

Probably between 1 and 10 hp. If you have or are planning on a bigger maf, throttle body, ported or MP plenum, and then of course all of the many other mods that would naturally follow as you get sucked in to the great mod money pit vortex :eek: ;) , then yes, a CAI is worth it...

It looks cooler than the stock setup, and may help increase the sound of blower whine, but there is that cost. There are cheaper alternatives like using a Ford Focus intake tube and home depot parts, but the cheapest bang for the buck is probably to just replace the stock filter with a K&N or similiar brand, and remove the air silencer!

Like Joe said, CAI won't give you much...I didn't noticed a thing.:rolleyes: Get a drop in K&N or 9" cone filter, that will increase your engine's ability to inhail more air! Then you should start thinging about getting rid off the restrictions that your stock set up has - air silencer, small MassAirFlow sensor, air intake tube and of couse, Throttle Body!

CAI has to give you some HP.I could feel the diffrence after installing the MAC cai and catback exhaust,It run 14.4 ET with just these 2 mods on street 245 tires.

I could feel the diffrence after installing the MAC cai and catback exhaust

Sure, the two combined will make a difference, but just a CAI and nothing else will have minimal effect on hp. CAI is one of those things that is more effective when combined with other mods, like pretty much all of them. And if you are going to start modding your engine, it's usally the most logical place to begin.

joenintiesc said:
Sure, the two combined will make a difference, but just a CAI and nothing else will have minimal effect on hp. CAI is one of those things that is more effective when combined with other mods, like pretty much all of them. And if you are going to start modding your engine, it's usally the most logical place to begin.
I would start with exhaust though:rolleyes: HG?!))

I am getting a 95 sc shortly with a 5 spd.
I would like to make it a high 13 second car.
What is the best way to do this without any major engine (lower half) upgrades and no NOS. I am definately getting a new exhaust, from the manifolds back.
I am not too familiar with MAF's and Plenums and all that good stuff.
Can this be done.

SuperDad said:
Can this be done.
It will cost, all I can say;) There are a tons of info here, just take your time and do the Search!!!;)

SuperDad said:
What is the best way to do this without any major engine (lower half) upgrades and no NOS. I am definately getting a new exhaust, from the manifolds back.
Can this be done.
Sure why not.
Here is the list of mods when I run 13.8 @96mph
MAc intake
C&L 76mm MAF
BBK 70mm t-body
MP sc top
5% sc pulley
ASP underdrive pulleys
intercooler fan
stock ported manifolds
stock cats with coustom exhaust
B&M shifter
3.08 rear end
BFG 255 drag radials
no chip or tune
everything else was stock[heads,cam,clutch]
If I'd have slicks and more time that day I could run 13.7 or 13.6,even on drag radials at 17 psi I had traction problems.Check out my time slips below.
Derek

SuperDad said:
what size T-body is on a stock '95 SC?
You mentioned intercooler fan, is there one stock on the car?
I believe it is 55mm:rolleyes: not sure though.
There is no fan on intercooler, they all are aftermerket. You can pick one up for about 60-80 bucks, I believe.

Payton said:
I believe it is 55mm:rolleyes: not sure though.
There is no fan on intercooler, they all are aftermerket. You can pick one up for about 60-80 bucks, I believe.
Derek, just by looking at your picture, I can say that you also have aluminium rad, double intercooler, that make HUGE difference, as well as PM inlet plenum;) I bet you have there an MP blower too:rolleyes:

if you want a cold air intake i recommend getting the one off of ebay its fairly cheap(under $70) it looks like all the other CAI's but it does have a cheap cone filter replace that with a k&n filter and you would have a nice CAI setup for a fraction of the cost

Payton said:
Derek, just by looking at your picture, I can say that you also have aluminium rad, double intercooler, that make HUGE difference, as well as PM inlet plenum;) I bet you have there an MP blower too:rolleyes:
That's my new set-up,I didn't have these parts when I run 13.8.I'm gonna get dynotune next week and hit the track in couple weeks with my new tires M/T et streets 11.5/70/15 on t-bird fan style rim.

Burbank95sc said:
That's my new set-up,I didn't have these parts when I run 13.8.I'm gonna get dynotune next week and hit the track in couple weeks with my new tires M/T et streets 11.5/70/15 on t-bird fan style rim.
Good luck, bro. Post your results here!

The SC I'm getting has approx 115,000 miles on it & everything original.
Is it wise to make those mods, exhaust, CAI, bigger MAF, bigger Throttle body, intercooler fan, bigger pulley, MP larger top........ or will the lower half of the engine, not, be able to handle it?

Back