Next Meet March8th in Hollywood

Kobassa Power

Well, not the LA Hollywood, but The Hollywood on the Queensway in Etobicoke.
Code:
[SIZE="7"][FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="Red"]Hollywood[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

I recommended this place(with Ed's approval) as it is a nice clean place with great staff, good food, nice drink choices , free parking , and a separate in house enclosed room for the pre-lung cancer crowd. It is located close to the QEW and 427 off Kipling and the Queensway (a block away from the former Don Cherry's Bar)

For those of u driving from Bowmanville, may I suggest that take the 401 to the 427 south and make a left turn on to the QEW and then exit at Kipling north.
http://www.hollywoodonthequeensway.com/hwcontact.shtml

An accoustical duo starts to perform after 9:30 pm. I've informed the manager that there should be atleast a dozen of us.

I think that this place has the potential of making the regular summer schedule and is central enough for most of the Toronto GTA crowd.

Constructive feedback is always appreciated, and may all complaints be addressed with the presEdent.

Note to Mr. Varrik : this is not one of those umbrella drink kind of places but I'll see if the purty waitresses can accomodate you.

edit: clarify directions from east end

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice work, John!

I'll try to be at this meet. There are tons of parts that I need to pick up, and pay for. ...And some to deliver/get paid for.

Wayne, are you going to make this one? How 'bout you, Trevor? Vytas? Scott?

Anyone interested in those ported heads and the ported lower intake manifold?

Cheers,

Sean

march 8

This location is quite close for me- I would do my best to make it.

However, I think the directions are not quite right - from the 401 it would be better to take the 427 south - not the 403 ( taking the 403 would be a very roundabout way of getting there).

vytas said:
This location is quite close for me- I would do my best to make it.

However, I think the directions are not quite right - from the 401 it would be better to take the 427 south - not the 403 ( taking the 403 would be a very roundabout way of getting there).
If I am coming I'll try to bring some 3" intakes for Vytas, Greg and whoever wants one made;)

Always good to check out a new spot. Maybe a change of venue will bring out more people.
I have to agree with Vytas... from Bowmanville to 403 is past Toronto, through Mississauga, and then you would find that you can't go east on the QEW from southbound 403.
I'll be there.
Alan

We'll make this our official meet for next week.

Thanks to John Z. for continuing to keep an eye out for new locations for us try. :)

cheers
Ed N.

I think I might be able to make it out to this meet after school is done.
I might have a new SC part to show.:D

Jason Wild said:
I think I might be able to make it out to this meet after school is done.
I might have a new SC part to show.:D
Wow, Jason, you bought those clams, didn't you?:p Just messing with ya)))

I'm sure that Matt would have figured out the best way to get to the meet as my false directions were in jest. As you regulars all know, Matt is one of our committed regular enthusiasts who despite his geographical handicap:eek: , always manages to make it out to a meet whether it is 5 minutes away or 2 hours away. He likes to attend, enjoys our company? and never whines about the location. If we had stated that the meet will be in Kingston or Niagara Falls , expect Matt from Bowmanville to be there.

So with this in mind, who else will be attending this meet. Who has the gonads and the fortitude to commit on this thread that they will be in attendance?

I know that it is early in the year but my future level of enthusiasm and participation will depend on your participation and reciprocal feedback on the efforts by Ed and company. You can't have one person do all of the work, participate, please.

Nice Work John!

Hope to make it.
If I were semi-retired, like some, would be out every meet.
Currently have 6 more stores opening by first week of April, so eatin' & sh#$@in' work.
Lately, leaving work around the time Mr. Coleman shows up for meets during baseball season, Steve.

anyone from the niagara region going to this meet? I need someone to pick up a rad from Payton for me. Sean are you going? Your closer to me then Payton so maybe you can grab it and I can get it off you as soon as I can?

Anyone?

V6Sprout said:
anyone from the niagara region going to this meet? I need someone to pick up a rad from Payton for me. Sean are you going? Your closer to me then Payton so maybe you can grab it and I can get it off you as soon as I can?

Anyone?
I promise to bring it properly packaged so you don't have to worry dirt/grease/coolant...;)

no one would have to worry about money changing hands either, I'll take care of payment a head of time through paypal.

Jamie your in luck. As long as work doesn't screw me up I'll get it for you. I practically drive past your house on my way from Sir Adam Beck to Decew Falls. We could make arrangements to meet.

Craig

Back