how about this one

bigbore

hey what do you guys think about putting the eaton on a stang with the 3.8?
you know the car is a friends so im not sure (i don't have it here infront of me)if ford used the 3.8 or the 4.0 on these im thinking its a 3.8 but i know the car is about a 97:cool:

common guys

hey i read somewhere on here that this was done already.you know common sense would tell me that attempting this is gonna open up a huge window of p.i.t.a.cause the big thig would be the whole upper block would have to get changed,heads,intake manifold,plmbing for the intercooler,intake plumbing,the whole 9,but if all that would need to be changed is the intake manifold(via the head+intake manifold ports line up)then plumbing for the intake+intercooler would not be a huge deal.i understand it's probably gonna need a seperate vacume-boost guage but as far as the blower doing its job i would hope thats about it.
the other thing is injectors and ecm upgrades to account for the rise in airflow.i dont know,does the stang alrady have 36pd. injectors?in which case all that would be needed is a chip for the ecm.
i think the red top injectors are 36 right?
i know the blue ones were used for the 94 & up sc's.

The Mustang 3.8 bottom end isnt as good as the SC 3.8 ( crankshaft, etc .. ) The only thing you would be using is the Short block and its not a good one at that.
So you're better off swapping in a whole 3.8 SC engine instead of adding all of the parts to the Mustang. If you had a donor SC you could use all of its parts, wiring harness, ECM, etc etc ..

- Dan

It's a straight drop-in. Extend some of the Mustang wire harness to suit and use the Mustang ECM with a chip. You also need to use the SC rad so you can use the SC intercooler.

thats what i wanted to here cartn

extending the harnesses is no big deal (just splicing extensions on the wires)
now,whats up with the chip?also the stangs engine compartment harness is setup for a cam and crank sensor?and the sc's map sensor and mas meter 02's the whole 9.oh yea, what about vac-boost guage pickup?(i believe thats the one mounted on the bypass plumbing of the blower correct?):cool:

Back