cam sen or worse? (new sc)

93thunderbird

i just bought another sc (turns out 2 have alot more problems then what the person told me) ne way, once in a while driving the tac drops down,cums right back up (speed or motor dosnt die with it) well finally today i was driving and it stalled, i restarted it and the tac was dead... drove her home,shut off, turned it back on still dead, 20 mins later restared after a few trys, the tac worked? what do you guys think? cam,crank(no upshift)dis mod, or coil pack? thx guys if you could help me out

93thunderbird said:
i just bought another sc (turns out 2 have alot more problems then what the person told me) ne way, once in a while driving the tac drops down,cums right back up (speed or motor dosnt die with it) well finally today i was driving and it stalled, i restarted it and the tac was dead... drove her home,shut off, turned it back on still dead, 20 mins later restared after a few trys, the tac worked? what do you guys think? cam,crank(no upshift)dis mod, or coil pack? thx guys if you could help me out

Tach acting funky.... Took "a few tries" to start it.... no upshift light when cranking engine (crank sensor SHOULD be OK).....

Definately sounds like a cam position sensor. That's what I would try first. ;)

XR7inWI said:
Tach acting funky.... Took "a few tries" to start it.... no upshift light when cranking engine (crank sensor SHOULD be OK).....

Definately sounds like a cam position sensor. That's what I would try first. ;)

I agree...sounds like the cam position sensor. Easy fix.

David

ok thx guys

ill keep you posted, also the CEL is on, its been on since i bought the car (would that also lean tward the cam sensor?) he told me he deleted his egr... when i bought it, 3 outta 10 timed it would take a couple cranks to fire (he told me the fuel filter needs to be changed) on this car i over paided and im finding alot wrong im ganan change the cam sensor tonight and reply with in two days thx again guys

So if the upshift light is on when starting engine, that is a good indication that the crankshaft sensor is bad, especially if the tac bottoms out while running and or stays bottomed out after stalling and restarting engine shortly after? I'm having the same prob but can't determine if it's the cam or crank, but I am seeing an up shift light while starting. Please advise me on what you guys think! Thanks!

How exactly did he do the EGR delete? Read up here and you'll see it's not as easy as throwing in a block off plate.

Back