Front End Noise

tattoo

:confused: Hey Guys,
I have a noise coming from the passenger side front.It is a kind of "humming"...Like a bad radial tire.The tire looks like its starting to cap on the outside edge.I hear the noise only when driving straight,as soon as the wheel is turned to the right the noise goes away.....Ideas?

Bad tire. Then an alignment problem. Probably some bad bushings or ball joints are throwing off the alignment. But you'll need a shop to check the alignment.

Wheel Bearing?

I was thinking it is a wheel bearing.. My car does the same thing and its getting worse. I'm waiting for the snow to melt before I crawl under it.
-Smutty

It sounds just like a bad wheel bearing. Jack it up and try to wiggle the wheel (forcefully). Any play indicates something is amiss. If you don't feel movement at the tie rods or ball joints, you can guess it's probably the bearing. It's not hard to swap out the hub. You just need a BIG breaker bar, 36mm socket, 250 ft-lb torque wrench, and the usual tools to remove the brake rotors. Make sure you get a new hub nut - you cannot reuse the old one.

tattoo said:
Thanks Guys,
It's going to be a nice weekend -2.So i'll have a look at it....:D
You are the BEST. It is good to stay positive!;) :p -2...that's guy!:D

Back