Accelerating - Hard jerk back effect

Kperalez

i have a 1990 Tbird SC Stock, When i accel in my car from 40+ Giving Full Throttle.. I feel a very hard jerk back effect in my car.. it Allmost feels as if my car Stops then goes.. stops then goes.. im afraid if i go any faster something will fall out :( ive done it from 70 mph and just gave it full thorttole my supercharger goes over its PSI 13-15 it reads, and i believe i have a 12 psi SC'er.
If youve experienced this please comment, or have any clue or think you know something please comment

-kperalez

Jerk back

Does your fan belt slip? Any rattle, squeak or funny noise? Could it be you tps? Does you cel come on?

I knew I guy from Granite City when I was in the Army......John Bodi was his name.

Sounds like a bad DIS module. If you haven't done it recently, I'd also change plugs and wires because they can do that too. But the DIS is the biggest culprit for the stop-go effect that you are describing.

007_SuperCoupe said:
Sounds like a bad DIS module. If you haven't done it recently, I'd also change plugs and wires because they can do that too. But the DIS is the biggest culprit for the stop-go effect that you are describing.

yeah 9 times out of 10 its the dis module. i hate that damn thing. ive almost considered getting an msd ignition system just to loose the crappy dis.

Back