Abs

BossRoss

I had my SC looked and the mechanic said the Accumulator is not leaking, but the leak appears to be coming from the pump. However, this is leak is not always. Once the car has warmed up the car will cease leaking. I changed the sensors and I noticed that leak was not as bad as before. I have noticed that the leak on occurs only in the morning. One thing I did this morning was I pumped the brakes prior to turning on the car and there was only a few constant drips. What I don't understand is why the car only leaks in morning. A little while after initial startup the car would stop leaking and not leak for the rest of the day. Is pump going bad? Can the pump be repaired? What could be some of the problems here?

What troubleshooting can be done to determine the problem (sensors, pump...)? Why would it only leak in the morning and never leak again rest of the day? What would be the most cost effective ways of repairing/replacing this pump?

I read some of the other threads regarding this and received good information, however, I wanted to ask my question to be more specific.

Thanks

Last edited:
Back