90 Dash out, now for the Instrument Hood

Sam Woodson

The dash is finally out of the car with a lot of help from this list.

Now, I can't get the last screw off to get the hard plastic Hood over the instrument cluster Off the dash. I see 1 screw under where the radio was that holds it to a track, but it's facing with the head toward the firewall and there is a big bunch or wires and the ducting for the HVAC there.

Thanks in advance!

I did this when I replaced the hood on my XR-7. It had a wiring fire from a bad ignition switch so I had to replace the hood, all the trim bezels, the wiring harness, and the column. Luckily, the pad was mint.

Just pull the duct work out of the dash if you have it out already. You might also need to relocate some of the wiring harness. It's bolted down in a couple of places, and uses push-in fasteners in several others.

That last hood fastener is a bear. I think I used a 1/4 drive ratchet, a Torx bit, and some extension.

JD

Got the last bolt out, my wife pried stuff apart with a screwdriver, so I could get a Torx down in there. Everything else I did by myself.

Thanks,
Sam

What is this!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Another 35th in Huntsville, and I've never come accross it!!!!

We will ahve ot hook up at some point, do you ever go to the Huntsville Dragway????

I have a 35th getting a new engine as I type, I am about to go back out and paint the engine bay right now.

We'll defeinately need to get together sometime!!!

Hvac?

Sam Woodson said:
ducting for the HVAC.
High Volume Air Conditioning? I thought that was the big air conditioners for buildings? Does HVAC have another meaning here? :confused:

68COUGAR

Back