I find it funny....

Mike Manzo

I can sell the OEM ducktail wing from my Acura for 150+ shipping and I cant sell two mint condition SC doors to legions of older model Thunderbird owners for more than that...

I guess I need to wait for someone who actually knows what they are buying and also has the money to invest.... My asking price is not outrageous for what is offered, but I guess they have to wait...

Everyone wants a handout and ~~~~ for free, ~~~~ that...I'll sooner mount them to the garage wall than sell them at a ripoff price.

The problem is that you can use a SC door only on a SC but you can use a LX door on both. Looks like my esprit will have to wait another 10 years as my new job don`t pay ~~~~. I wanted this car too:mad:

Attachments

• aaa.jpg
    aaa.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 81
Well, you do have a very nice item there. And they should draw a very good price. But considering the costs to own an SC and the resale value. The value is only in the eyes of the beholder. I have a 1901 Silver dollar my Grandfather gave me. I think its worth $14,752.37, but in reality its only worht $6. So like you said........~~~~ that, I think I just may spend it to vacuum my always broke ~~~ SC.

scbird1 said:
The problem is that you can use a SC door only on a SC but you can use a LX door on both. Looks like my esprit will have to wait another 10 years as my new job don`t pay ~~~~. I wanted this car too:mad:

No kidding? I asked about that and I was told that they can work on LXs too....oops.... Crap.

Dahoopd said:
Well, you do have a very nice item there. And they should draw a very good price. But considering the costs to own an SC and the resale value. The value is only in the eyes of the beholder. I have a 1901 Silver dollar my Grandfather gave me. I think its worth $14,752.37, but in reality its only worht $6. So like you said........~~~~ that, I think I just may spend it to vacuum my always broke ~~~ SC.

Yeah, i have over 60k invested in two money pit SCs...lol
Engines, trannys, repairs, suspensions, blowers, etc

you name it, i had it... lol

No, That would be $56,500 you have invested....:p :D

David.
Mike Manzo said:
Yeah, i have over 60k invested in two money pit SCs...lol
Engines, trannys, repairs, suspensions, blowers, etc

you name it, i had it... lol

personally i wouldnt give you more than $50 for the pair of them, you can go to any you pull it junk yard and walk out of there with a pair of clean panels for less than 50 .at the local yards by me, i see 10-12 of these cars in the yard every time, including s/c's and anny . there is no market for these parts .i suggest you contact the guy who bid highest and sell them to him, you think your sitting on gold .

Last edited:
jk89cat said:
personally i wouldnt give you more than $50 for the pair of them, you can go to any you pull it junk yard and walk out of there with a pair of clean panels for less than 50 .at the local yards by me, i see 10-12 of these cars in the yard every time, including s/c's and anny . there is no market for these parts .i suggest you contact the guy who bid highest and sell them to him, you think your sitting on gold .

Apparently the junk yards around me must suck. I've been looking for panels for what seems like an eternity (at least two years). All the panels I find are junk.

And Mike, if your panels were gray, they'd be sold.

mike are u kidding about the gauges? i bought those things for 20 bucks... plus the speedo isnt all that accurate... its a speeding ticket waiting to happen and u wanted how much? 100+ for a non acurate face? hmmmm plus the speeding ticket the owner will most likely get.... i dont know about that....

darkstar_one said:
mike are u kidding about the gauges? i bought those things for 20 bucks... plus the speedo isnt all that accurate... its a speeding ticket waiting to happen and u wanted how much? 100+ for a non acurate face? hmmmm plus the speeding ticket the owner will most likely get.... i dont know about that....

I got mine for $30. They were used, but still look good. Yeah, I think after 60 mph they are off.

I would love to see a set of Anny door panels in great shape from under $50.00 ~~~~ i would liketo see a set in a junk yard that are in perfect shape period for under $50.00.
Here in nashville we have a place called pullapart and they have set prices for everything and they have a ton of thunderbirds there but all the interiors are in ~~~~ shape and i wouldn't take anything off them that wasn't plastic because it smells like mildue...
I have been looking for a set of black panels for at least two yrs for my 93 but by the time i pay shipping it's not worth it and if i wasn't so far into everything else on my car right now i would buy these (maybe not at that price) but it's not totally over the top..:D
jk89cat said:

I would snag anything that you think someone might buy or if you can help someone on here out. I guess i don't mean everything, but things that are hard to come by.
Anytime i go to that pullapart (junk yard) i look for VMM's and crap like that. The last time i was there i seen a LX T-bird that someone swapped the interior out for the SC Anny edition interior and it was shot to hel! except the door inserts that had the bird emblem on it so i grabbed them and sold them on ebay for around $70.00 and that wasnt' the whole door panel...i wish the rest of the interior was in good shape because i had $7.50 wrapped up in the inserts and made a little cash while saving some of the interior.
David

darkstar_one said:

Dont begin to try and challenge me. They were never installed and I never heard that before.
I have lined up the gauge with the OE face and the numbers line up. If someone's speedometer is off, it is because they neglected to take the time to accurately re-calibrate it once the pin was re-inserted. This is my experience and logic would dictate that if the numbers line up correctly, then this is not an issue. The face is a piece of plastic, not a moving part. I question your experience in this matter and leave the floor open to you if you can prove it.

There are better ways to talk to people. Especially those you associate with on a club level. You're response seemed challenging to my intelligence as well as a way to publicly decrease the value of this item...I suggest you learn some manners.

For the record, the reserve was 50 and I have not seen them since I bought them.

I know what these panels are worth to the right person. To someone, like me, who wants the best that can be had and not waste time in hit or miss junkyard excursions. My time is worth more than that to me.

True that perhaps the feelers that I put out with the original price may have been high, but that is what is done to gauge interest and see where the market is at this juncture in time.

I know what I have and if you take a look at my sig, you will understand that it is not the money that I am worried about, it's merely a fair price while not giving away the items and cutting losses.

I offer what I know as good parts that are hard to come by and I am the most honorable person I know and am always open to intelligent bartering.

Last edited:
i have never had hit or miss junk yard hunts, i know what i am after and where to look, i always have an idea in my head of what i want , and then scount the yards , and if they dont , come back in 2 weeks, thats how often these u pull its roll cars , i dont do things in a have to have it now manner , i have a 64 galaxie i have been restoring for 10 years ok, 14 years , but the point is , some times you have to settle, beacsue until the last 4 or so years companys were not reproducing parts for them, and its been a ok whats fits what doesnt, and can i fix this part, is it better than what i have? , well you get the idea , and these cars are the same way , with ford consantly obsoleteing parts its very important to get what you can when you find it .

Back