ride control light

kluxman45

when im looking at the green light on the dash,i can flip it to firm again and it blinks 3 times.what does this mean?i even took all the acuators off the shocks and did it.does the same thing.how do ya fix it?

If you took the actuators off, did you leave them connected?
3 blinks means driverside front actuator, I think. Try swapping the front 2 actuators as a test and see if the number of blinks changes from 3 to 4. Also, if you look under the bottom side of each actuator, you should see the slot shift about 30 degrees when you change the switch. If one of them isn't, that ones the problem.

Don't forget, the actuator might be fine, but the shock could be the issue.

From Dale Puumala who got it from mn12performance.

1 blinky - Driver side rear
2 blinky - Passenger side rear
3 blinky - Passenger side front
4 blinky - Driver side front

Not only check the actuator but use a needle nose pliers to try and turn the pin on the top of the shock. It should turn smoothly with minimal effort. If it's stiff, get some WD/40 or penetrating oil down in there and try to Loosen it up.

yep

Mine was doing the same thing about 6 months ago.
The light was flashing and found out the left front
adjusting pin was frozen on the strut. So a little wd49
and and little workin back and forth and it freed it up
so the actuator could move with it.

No problems with the system since.

j.

I just did the same exact thing. I guess listening to how many times the relay clicks is the same thing. Mine clicked either 3 or 4 times, it turned out to be the drivers front. I did the WD-40 trick. Just poped off the actuator, sprayed a little WD in the tip, at first I couldn't move the little blade, but after about 10-15 minutes, the WD worked it loose, I turned it both ways several times with a pair of needle nose pliers, put the actuator back on, and it works better than it EVER did....well, since I've owned it anyway. I decided to do the rest just in case. This takes only a few minutes to do, and it's extremely easy also.
-Jeff

:cool:

Back