Please Help - AC condenser maker, like Aircon !!

bbird94

Hey guys,

I have been looking for someone that would be able to make me a similar AC condenser as the one that Aircon produced a while back. As some may know Aircon has gone out of business but there are dimension drawings of the condenser looming throughout the club. I would like to get one just like this, if not if someone is looking to sell one that they had.

First, is anyone that has a Aircon condenser looking to sell theres? Next, does anyone have a good dimension drawing that they are willing to produce so I can have one possibly made? Third, does anyone know of any company that I can contact so that I can have one made by them?

Any of your help guys will be much appreciated and thank you for your time:D !!

Thanx,
Brandon Garnett

Hey Brandon, I might be interested in one too. When you find a place to make one, see what kind of price break you can get for making more than one.

Brandon,

I'm in if you can get them made. I have second dibs on anyone wanting to sell theirs.

Condenser !!

Guys,

I'll see what I can do as a builder and a group buy. I think that there were very few bought from Aircon and the guys that do have them are going to hold on to them:cool: .

George, thank you for your help. That drawing should help out. The only reason I asked about buying one on this board is because no one really searches the willing to buy forum. I think that this forum gets the most exposure!! But your the boss, so I will keep stuff like that to the proper forum;) !!

Later guys,
Brandon

I didn't know they were no longer being made. Bought a AirCon short A/C condensor for my 95 two years ago and still havn't put it in. It's still in bubble wrap in the box it was sent in. Wish I would have bought two now.:(

hooorayy !!

Guys,

Got some goods news, I spoke with an engineer from a company called Proliance:D . We are in the middle in negotiations and preparation of a design for these condensers.

Anyone that has any provisions that they think would be better for a shorter condenser I am open to? Anyone who is interested in a group buy let me know? First, I am going to wait and go further with the process before I start posting things in new products and group buys !!

Later,
Brandon

Hey brandon!!! This is a great idea!!!! I would be down for TWO if you can get them made!!! LEt me know slim-good-daddy!!!

Micash

Brandon, I have stock unit, I would be willing to ship to them, if they needed it for reference. I also have an unistalled AirCon unit, but probably would not be as willing to send that! LOL

You probably noticed, but the AirCon unit was thicker to help make up for being shorter. The units were also brass instead of aluminum like the stockers. AirCon said their units were compatible with both the R-12 and the R-134a and would cool equally well with either type of freon. The install was fairly simple since they fit the stock location on the passenger side and only required moving the drivers sid mounts in on the top and bottom.

You can contact me at my email below, if and when they are interested in a stock unit. Mine is from an '89, I'll have to verify if the newer condensers were different. I know the accumulators are, but the condensers I believe are the same for all years.

Brandon,

I'll take one when they are made available.

George,

That's super of you to step in and offer parts, although, you have been known to do that on other occasions, so kudos to you, you old fart. LOL

Since you asked who would be interested, you could put me down for two as well........

Ira

Guys !!!

Hey,

This is starting to shape up well and thanks for showing all your interest! I am going to have a good talk with him over the phone on Thursday. :eek: Sorry I'm not any quicker guys I am a college student and this week is midterms. But once I am sure we are doing something with them I will get a solid tally of who is down for a condenser. And put it up in new parts offered and group buys!!

George, thanks for that very generous offer;) :D . I was just going to buy one but I may try and take you up on your offer. I will keep you posted!!

Keep it coming guys, more the marrier!!!
Thanks guys,
Brandon

I'd be down for one. And if it matters, I'd like it to be compatible with R-12 also. I still have access to R-12 and do not want to convert until I have to.

Back