Thinking of parting out my 1994 SC...

1fastscinpa

I am thinking about parting out my 1994 SC, it blew it's head gasket friday and I am just about done messing with this car. What do you feel I could get out of it by parting it out? Will get the motor fixed cause it is under warranty and then I would have a good motor for sale as well. I parted out my old 90 that I wrecked and made about $7,000 from it. Just trying to make a hard decision and looking for some thoughts.....

Jeff

C'mon dude...dont give up. I mean, you said the motor is under warranty. Get that sucker replaced and save a super coupe! You know you wanna!

Just having too many problems with it...

This car since the day I bought was like a demon to me. We rebuilt the original motor and within 4 months it was blowing oil. Then I bought this new motor and it doesn't even have 2000 miles it and it blew a headgasket. This car has seen the garage more than the road in the past 3 years that I have owned it. But you know how it would go, I would sell it to someone and they would never have a problem with it again.....

Well if that is what your going to do what have you done to it other than put motors in it? What are the colors, do you have any pics of it?
David

I'm with them, if it's still under warranty it won't cost to have it repaired or at least shouldn't. Instead of parting it, sell it whole to someone that wants to fix it. Just a thought.

BHJ Balancer

If you decide to part the car out and it has a BHJ balancer I would like to call first dibs depending on price.

Thanks

Dale Clements

SCaddict said:
How did you make $7000 from parting out an SC?:eek:
no doubt. i part everything but the bolts and screws and barely break even. i mainly do it to support the preservation of this endangered species.;)

My goal especially now that im getting a divorce and have the time is hopefully gathering up everyones SC they are wanting to part out and hopefully save them. (barring there not totaled out or something) Face it if you can fix it, then fix it. They dont make these anymore and I hate to see a car that has only been produced for a few years compared to other models get parted out because of a blown head gasket.

Every time one gets parted out, supercoupes get harder and harder to find. If more get parted out, the car gets more rare. Since its somewhat of a desirable car, if they are hard to find than maybe they will sell for more. Plus, if more get parted out, then there is a bigger supply of parts to go around.

If you decide to part yours, drop me an e-mail, i need some things off of a 94. nick62087@comcast.net

Back