Ev145 Pcv Being Discontinued

lilredstang

I Stopped By The Dealer To Grab A Good Old Motorcraft Ev-145 Pcv Valve Today And Found That Our Motors Are The Only Ones That Use This One And That St. Louis Had The Only One Outa All The States Around Illinois. I Was Then Told That Is To Be Discontinued Soon. It Was Only $5.** So I Think I May Grab An Extra To Have Onhand. if You Need One You Better Get It Soon! I Know You Better Have One That Seals Correctly Or You Can Have Oil Where It Dont Belong:d I Found This Out The Hard Way On My Turbo 2.3 Mustng. It Made One Hell Of A Mess!!!! Funny Thing I Went To The Dealer And Got The Good Old Factory Ev-127a Pcv And The Problem Stopped. Turns Out My Cheep Autozone Replacement Didnt Seal Under Boost And I Was Also Boosting The Crankcase To 20psi!!!! Not Good.:( Hmm I Wonder If The Ev127a Will Work Inplace Of The Ev145, Or If One From An O3-04 Cobra Or Blown Lightning Will Work?

not that anyone cares but i put a check valved to close under boost. I never got around to buying the pcv valve from the dealer. Sucks. Ima head to the local dealer to see if i can get my hands on a few.

darkstar_one said:
not that anyone cares but i put a check valved to close under boost. I never got around to buying the pcv valve from the dealer. Sucks. Ima head to the local dealer to see if i can get my hands on a few.

YOU AND ME BOTH. I FIGURED IT WOULD NOT HURT ANYTHING TO HAVE ONE THERE. 2 FIXES ARE BETTER THAN ONE, RIGHT?:D I CHECKED ONE OF THE TURBO 2.3 PCVs(EV127A) AND IT JUST LOOKS A BIT TALLER

Doesn't look like autozone is going to stop carrying them anytime soon. I don't think you'd notice any difference in not using a motorcraft part except you'll have more change in your pocket.

Scott Long said:
Doesn't look like autozone is going to stop carrying them anytime soon. I don't think you'd notice any difference in not using a motorcraft part except you'll have more change in your pocket.

HOW DO YOU FIGURE THAT?:confused: THE CHEEPO AUTOZONE PCVs(LAST I CHECKED) DID NOT SEAL UNDER BOOST LIKE THE MOTORCRAFT PCV DOES. THAT INTURN ALLOWS THE CRANKCASE TO BE BOOSTED TOO. I KNOW THIS CUZ I HAD A CHEEPO ON MY TURBO MUSTANG AND I BLEW THE VALVECOVER GASKET RIGHT OUT ON THE INTAKE SIDE. I MAY BE WRONG, BUT THAT DID NOT SEEM LIKE A GOOD THING. AND IT WAS A BIG MESS. IT TOOK ME 45MIN TO SOAK UP THE OIL AND PUT IN A NEW GASKET AND $5 AT THE CARWASH TO GET ALL THE OIL SPRAY CLEANED UP. ALL CUZ I WANTED TO TO PAY $1.** LESS AND NOT WAIT A DAY FOR THE DEALER TO GET THE RIGHT ONE.:( IF YOU GUYS ARE SMART YOU WILL LEARN FROM MY MISTAKE:eek:

I placed an order at www.rockauto.com for a Motorcraft EV-145 pcv valve, shortly after they called and said it was discontinued and they will be updating their site to reflect that. They offered to exchange with an AC Delco or some other brand instead but I declined and asked for a refund (I can buy those locally). Does anyone know where I can get a Motorcraft EV-145 pcv valve? Thanks!

then again you can put a check valve before the pcv valve... it will stop boost from going into the crankcase...

Looking at teh design of the PCV system .. if ur getting boost against the PCV valve something is very wrong . because it is Before the blower and is pipedd in before it also.. ???? i cant think of any situation it would see boost except SUDDEN release of teh throttle for a split second.

well ur wrong there, because were the pcv valve connects to the rear of the plenum it is after another connection that is before it that pressurizes the rest of the plenum after that connection...

you go to the HELP section at AUTOZONE or KRAGEN, and they should have universal CHECK VALVES, or just ask a guy at the counter for a universal CHECK VALVE so you can plug it into an exisiting vacuum line, it should have words printed on it seeing which side closes under boost and which side opens under vacuum, or you can just blow on each side and see which one closes....

well ur wrong there, because were the pcv valve connects to the rear of the plenum it is after another connection that is before it that pressurizes the rest of the plenum after that connection...

If it's hooked up that way it's wrong.

It should be connected to the inlet plenum just past the throttle body. As was mentioned earlier, it should never see boost if plumbed correctly. I've seen one SC that was hooked up to the return plunum (wrong) and the car blew oil out of the dipstick tube everytime it went WOT, because it was pressurizing the crankcase under boost.

If you using a non stock means of forced induction like a centrifical supercharger or turbo.....that's another story and a check valve can be used so it will only evacuate the crankcase when the motor is pulling vacuum. Unfortunatly, when your boosting the motor you need to be evacuating the crankcase more than any other time. Just blocking it off with a check valve will usually cause oil leaks at places like the front and rear mains, dipstick tube and rocker cover gaskets.

David

yeah also causing a significant loss of horsepower due to crank case pressure on Higher HP cars.. the 2500HP drag car ive been helping with picked up 74HP by just improving crank case evacuation.. i can imagine by keeping all the crank case pressure in via a check valve, your probably sacraficing 5-10 HP vrs a similar motor with a proper PCV system. also quiet a bit of MPG

Okay, I'm having a hard time understanding why we need a special PCV valve at all. If everything is connected before the blower (I think it is, right?), then why do we need a boost-sealing PCV? And why would we want to keep all that crankcase pressure trapped inside?

Could I just hook up a catch can and use naturally aspirated 3.8 PCV valves?

Or, as the original poster said, could we use the PCV valves from the Turbo Coupe?

I've seen some chatter on the blown mustang sites about
turbo coupe and Toyota turbo supra pcv's

the supra number is Purolator PV1009

Back