WaterPump PROGRESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T@Sound-Xtreme

Ok guys that have been waiting and are on the list, if your not in the loop read up here:

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68586

Jack contacted me today and is sending the new waterpump to me for testing. I will let everyone know how it works out.

Sorry I havnt been around for awhile guys, I got alot of things going on right now, family health, so between that, and working long hours at work Im pretty much drianed.

But I wanted to instill hope for those that had lost it in the waterpump from Stewert.

Thanks,
Tyler

Great news... It is always nice to see more aftermarket support.

HOWEVER.... I still would like to know what the benefit of this new water pump will be. I believe I asked in the other thread and no one seemed inclined to give an answer. Is there REALLY a need for this? It is a high volume pump, right? I didn't think there was really a problem with the stock one. From what I understand, the cooling issues that our cars have is not due to insufficient volume of coolant being moved through the sytem, but the fact that the system doesn't adequately cool the coolant as it is. Increasing the pumping efficiency could make that worse couldn't it? I mean... the coolant needs to be in the block and heads long enough to pick up the heat and then be in the radiator long enough to shed that heat. By increasing the volume of coolant pumped you also increase the velocity at which it is pumped and therefor take away some ability to take the heat from the engine and shed it in the radiator.

:confused: :confused:

Don't get me wrong here. As I stated at the beginning, I am happy to see more aftermarket support. I would also likely buy one of these if there is a REASON to have one. As it is, the water pump on my XR7 is just barely a year old now, so I doubt I will need one anytime soon. I currently have no cooling issues either. Definately interested in the results of this new pump though. Keep us updated.

I am actually assmebling my enigne with new heads and cam, and have yet to bolt the waterpump on, if you send it to me I'll test it for you with a new radiator (well new a year ago) and all new coolant :D

There are tons of electric water pumps out there already. If you're going to use such a device you already better be in the league of someone that can get a plate made to mount it.

Keep us informed. Gonna be shopping for a water pump in a few weeks.

Mike8675309 said:
There are tons of electric water pumps out there already. If you're going to use such a device you already better be in the league of someone that can get a plate made to mount it.

Well, I can make the stock waterpump into an electric unit by putting an electric drive unit on. Probably would work good with this new waterpump deal.

Mike8675309 said:

Randy Baker can help you with this. I understand he has run a SC on a electric water pump setup

I bought an electric water pump kit for my car. The tricky part is getting a mounting plate for the electric motor. The one that comes with the kit wont work. I may have to pay someone with a portable welder to come out and fab one up. Not cheap but nothing for this car ever is.:mad:

XR7inWI said:
Great news... It is always nice to see more aftermarket support.

HOWEVER.... I still would like to know what the benefit of this new water pump will be. I believe I asked in the other thread and no one seemed inclined to give an answer. Is there REALLY a need for this? It is a high volume pump, right? I didn't think there was really a problem with the stock one. From what I understand, the cooling issues that our cars have is not due to insufficient volume of coolant being moved through the sytem, but the fact that the system doesn't adequately cool the coolant as it is. Increasing the pumping efficiency could make that worse couldn't it? I mean... the coolant needs to be in the block and heads long enough to pick up the heat and then be in the radiator long enough to shed that heat. By increasing the volume of coolant pumped you also increase the velocity at which it is pumped and therefor take away some ability to take the heat from the engine and shed it in the radiator.

:confused: :confused:

Don't get me wrong here. As I stated at the beginning, I am happy to see more aftermarket support. I would also likely buy one of these if there is a REASON to have one. As it is, the water pump on my XR7 is just barely a year old now, so I doubt I will need one anytime soon. I currently have no cooling issues either. Definately interested in the results of this new pump though. Keep us updated.

As I recall, the open forum on the company's site had a post by Jack Wilson that mentioned there was a 30% flow improvement over stock so far, but they were still trying new impeller designs.

Back