coolant temp sensor(s)?

paully93sc

does anyone know where the coolant temp sensors are located? My SC is using way to much gas iam only getting about 12 mpg and it just had a tune up about 5k ago. Also the temp gauge is going above normal and the check gauge light has to come on for the fan to kick on. I think i spotted three of them; one by the thermostat, one below and off to the left a little bit. and then one one the line going into the fire wall for the heatere core.
thanks guys

The on on the thermostat housing supplies the the info to the temp gauge. the one on the line to the firewall is for the A/C HEATER SYSTEM. Those 2 are one wire sensors. Those are just temperature sensors.

Now, the coolant temperature sensor is located on the passenger side of the intake manifold. Towards the front. Follow the the line that comes from the firewall that leads into the manifold. The sensor i believe is gonna be 3 wire or 2. Should be easy to spot. Let us know if you need more info.

The sensor that tells your computer how hot your car is threads into the top of the intake manifold this is the ECT sensor; it's just left of the supercharger. The one by the thermostat is just for telling your gauge what your temp is. The one on the hose by the firewall, well I don't have that one but I would also guess that’s its also telling your gauge what temp you’re at.

thank you once again guys

I dont know what i would do with out this site. You all are such a great help thank you

Back