Progress pics, racing seats installed

quick35th

Well after probably a year if having them sitting in my garage last night I finally installed my Corbeau Forza racing seats in my 35th. It wasn't to hard of an install either, just required some cutting and welding and it all bolts up like factory. The seats fit very nice and hold me in very well. Now all I have to do is put in my 5 point harnesses and it will be set. Here is a teaser picture of what the seats look like. I would post up pics of the install now but it was late last night when I got done so I could get the digital camera. I'll take some today when I get home from work.

cor_forzablk_500.jpg

Shane

SCaddict said:
Does this mean you do not need a drivers side manual track anymore?

Thats correct, I used the seat tracks from Corbeau designed for '88-95 Tauras's and modified the brackets to work. The floor pan didn't need to be modified at all. Only other thing I had to do was put two washers under the right rear driver side leg so I could get the nut to fit in and thread.

Shane

No recline? Hope you don't plan any road trips with it.

Whats up with the fox body stang in Florida? Still going to pick that up?

hey, now i have a place to sit on the passenger side :-D haha....good stuff....took ya long enough to put those in, you showed me the seats the day i met you back in like, august, lol....good job shane

supercatxr7 said:
How about some pics of the install and the brackets you made?

thanks!

You asked for it and you shall have it! I'll take some better pics of the bracket this weekend when I clean them up a bit more. Anyways here they are, enjoy guys!

6621143966.jpg

6621224054.jpg

6621134351.jpg

6621123083.jpg

6621101555.jpg

6621061872.jpg

6621051316.jpg

6621034642.jpg

6620510930.jpg

6620501291.jpg

6620423469.jpg

6620361236.jpg

6620342378.jpg

Shane

titanium89scguy said:
needs carpet

i was thinking the same thing....it would be cool to just slap some black carpet in it, won't even increase weight, what does everyone else think?

Looks good, but my back hurts just LOOKIN at those seats. Could not even imagine having to sit in them for more than 10 minutes.

XR7inWI said:
Looks good, but my back hurts just LOOKIN at those seats. Could not even imagine having to sit in them for more than 10 minutes.

They are actually very comfortable to sit in. Maybe its just me cause I would rather sit straight up then be all leaned back.

Shane

Looking good and waiting for the pictures of the brackets as I may attempt this at some point.

thanks,
mark

supercatxr7 said:
Looking good and waiting for the pictures of the brackets as I may attempt this at some point.

thanks,
mark

This weekend when I paint the brackets I'll take some pics of the brackets intalled in the car for you. if you have a cuter and a welder you can do this. its very simple. I personally cant weld but I was lucky enough that one of my friends can so he did them for me.

Shane

Back