Alignment ?'s... Rear Camber

rad_al_

I've done a search about problems with the rear camber of a lowered SC. I have the problem & found a few helpful posts here. Tonight I stopped back at Sears to let the know there IS a way to adjust camber. The guy (probably a college boy) argued with me that there's no way for adjustment. Finally, he went to the back & asked his boss. When he came back, he says, "Well, I learned something new... SOME T-Birds have rear camber adjustments but not all." I figured he said SOME to help save face. Just so I can get my facts straight, is it SOME or do ALL T-birds have rear camber adjustments?
He then told me they can look at it again but it won't be a warranty issue & that I'd be charged because it's been almost a year since they've touched it. I agreed with him & understood that it's not a warranty issue... it's an issue that you guys (Sears) never did it right in the first place. I don't think he liked that either. I am supposed to stop back tomorrow & talk to his manager. Hopefully he knows a little bit about customer service & getting the job done correctly no matter how long it's been. Besides, because of their screw up, my tires are probably worn more than what they should be!
So anyway, my main question was: is it SOME or do ALL T-birds have rear camber adjustments?

rad_al_ said:
So anyway, my main question was: is it SOME or do ALL T-birds have rear camber adjustments?

It would have to be all 89-97 T-Birds have rear camber adjustments.

Yeah, I have a '94. I wanted to make sure I had my facts straight before I b!tch more at Sears.
Thanks.

rad_al_ said:
I've done a search about problems with the rear camber of a lowered SC. I have the problem & found a few helpful posts here. Tonight I stopped back at Sears to let the know there IS a way to adjust camber. The guy (probably a college boy) argued with me that there's no way for adjustment. Finally, he went to the back & asked his boss. When he came back, he says, "Well, I learned something new... SOME T-Birds have rear camber adjustments but not all." I figured he said SOME to help save face. Just so I can get my facts straight, is it SOME or do ALL T-birds have rear camber adjustments?
He then told me they can look at it again but it won't be a warranty issue & that I'd be charged because it's been almost a year since they've touched it. I agreed with him & understood that it's not a warranty issue... it's an issue that you guys (Sears) never did it right in the first place. I don't think he liked that either. I am supposed to stop back tomorrow & talk to his manager. Hopefully he knows a little bit about customer service & getting the job done correctly no matter how long it's been. Besides, because of their screw up, my tires are probably worn more than what they should be!
hello. i work at sears, and i can tell you for sure that the mn12 birds all have adjustable rear camber and rear toe, since i have aligned plenty of them. can you post your rear camber specs when you had it aligned a year ago?

all tbirds have adjustment its at the inside upper control arm its a off set sleeve inside the mount and it turns when bolt is turned bolt has a sloted or keyed shape, on my sc i droped it way way down .
I had to adjust this all the way + I slotted the outer holes that connect to knuckle. and welded tabs on to get more allignment using bolts with offset washers welded on I get another 1/2 inch of adjustment.

Back