eec tuner?

tondog

im doing quite a bit of performance to my 89 sc and heard that and eec tuner is a good investment. what exactly does it look like? is it some thing that you can install in the cab so u can adjust it, or is it like a chip that just has one setting? also where can i get one?

Info on buying a tuner is here:

http://www.mn12performance.com/mn12parts/eec-tuner.htm

I know there is another guy (actually Spiro who wrote the new sotware) that sometimes offers group buys on the tuner.

Essentially it is an electronics board and you download your setting to it via a serial cable on a computer. The settings can be changed at anytime.

To expand a little on what George said. It is basically a computer chip that you can write your own settings on. It is an excellent tool, but if you are not 100% sure what you are doing regarding the engine settings then you would be best off letting someone else write a file for you. The advantage of the EEC Tuner over a regular chip is that you can modify the program when you make changes to your engine rather than having someone reburn a chip for you (it's cheaper too in the long run if you plan on making gradual changes over time).

Back