Who Sells a Good SC SHORT BLOCK

edspringer

Well, the #3 and #6 rod bearings spun on my 35,000 mile Ford REMAN motor. I'm looking at the economics of putting a crank kit in my current block or just buying a short block. Anyone know of a repuatble short block distributor?

Ed Springer

94 Red SC Auto: 70mm TB, Fresh Air Intake, Stock 90 SC Pulley, Accel 36# injectors, Scorpian 1.73 Rockers, ARP Head Studs, 190 l/h fuel pump, Raised SC Top, Headers, Raven Muffler (no cats) with stock resonators, 3:73 Gears, 76 C&L MAF (Gold Tube), MSD DIS-4 + Ignition Box, TRANSGO Shift Kit, Haydon Auxiliary Transmission Cooler, Pro-Torque 2500 TC, Tokico Struts & Shocks, Royal Purple Synthetic Lubricants, Optima Yellow Top Battery, American Racing 17” Sniper Wheels, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, COMMANDO Alarm and Remote Starter and Autometer A/F Ratio and Transmission Oil Temperature Gauges.

Thanks for the replies!

I have re-evaluated my motor and decided to put in a crank kit. The block has no wear and will require only ball honing the cylinders. I just had the heads redone with new valves and guides about 1,500 miles ago. After I got the motor apart I found that all of the bearings were just about shot. That surpirsed me! I think I caught it before I did MAJOR damage. I found a NAPA crank kit and will be putting the lower end together with ARP rod and main studs. Thanks for the help offers!

Ed Springer

94 Red SC Auto: 70mm TB, Fresh Air Intake, Stock 90 SC Pulley, Accel 36# injectors, Scorpian 1.73 Rockers, ARP Head Studs, 190 l/h fuel pump, Raised SC Top, Headers, Raven Muffler (no cats) with stock resonators, 3:73 Gears, 76 C&L MAF (Gold Tube), MSD DIS-4 + Ignition Box, TRANSGO Shift Kit, Haydon Auxiliary Transmission Cooler, Pro-Torque 2500 TC, Tokico Struts & Shocks, Royal Purple Synthetic Lubricants, Optima Yellow Top Battery, American Racing 17” Sniper Wheels, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, COMMANDO Alarm and Remote Starter and Autometer A/F Ratio and Transmission Oil Temperature Gauges.

Back