I put the factory deck back in, but it wont work!

syphon

hey guys, got a quick question for ya.

My old 1990 LX with premium sound was totaled. I had an aftermarket deck put in there a long time ago, and since then I've learned quite a bit about car stereo.

When the car was wrecked, I put the stock deck back in. I simply unplugged the wiring harness for my sony deck, and plugged the plugs back in to the stock deck, simple enough right?

Well I turn the radio on, all it says is "600" dont know if this is AM 600 or 6:00 time. No buttons on the radio do anything, and all I can hear through the speakers is engine noise.

Whats the deal? I'd figure there was a wiring problem, except the deck powers up and wont do ANYTHING. This leads me to beleive the deck is messed up. Anyone encounter this problem?

Will the tape work?

My radio would only make static but the tape worked perfectly after I replaced the pass fender. They say there is something wrong with the FM/AM modulator. I swapped in another factory radio/tape/CD/sub which works great and will have the old 1 fixed. Good Luck

I hate you!

I dug around and found a tape to try, some horrible 80's band or something I found in my parents car. I plug the tape in... I hear music.

Seems to work fine, yay. So I try turning it down, no... volume doesnt work, hey! none of the buttons work (like before) including the eject button!

So now basically anytime the car is turned on, its playing this horrible 80's music and I cant get it to stop.

Last edited:
Red ground wire

There was a Red ground wire that goes to a nib on the back of both radio & CD. Also, There are 2 fuses for the radio, 1 under the hood and 1 under the dash. Do you have all 8 wires in the main plug, I ask because my other harness only has 7. Was the radio working before you took it out? Maybe something is wrong with it.

Dont worry about it. Car is getting totalled anyway.

Bird1.jpg

There she is... headed to the junkyard tomorrow. Looks a wreck doesnt she?

Back