Chassis dyno vs Dyno-Jet

Burbank95sc

I'm gonna get my sc dynotuned on chassis dyno[Dynapack] next week.Is there any diffrence in numbers reading between chasiss dyno and dynojet? I've heard that chasiss dyno is very accurate.

Derek

Derek, just put a bunch of stickers on it and skip the dyno. The thing looks like 600 hp to me. :D So you moved to romeoville? I just about sold off all my SC parts. Take care and good luck with the 95. Mark

if I'm not mistaken, a dynapac is a different style of dyno that what most are used to. Two packs are bolted to each side of the driven wheels and measure hp/tq directly from the hubs. The main down side to this is special adapters are needed for each vehicle.

A chassis dyno is one that a vehicle is strapped onto. Hp/tq is measure through the rear wheels. There are different brands, mustang dyno, dynojet, etc. This is often the most preferred method of testing vehicles. Chassis dynos come in both in ground, and above ground.

Mustang dyno's and dynojet's measure differently. check out their websites for more info on that. If you're going to be tuning your car, do it on the same dyno with the same operator that way you'll get similar results.

An engine dyno is used to test the performance under load of just an engine in a test cell. A chassis dyno is used to thest the performance of an engine when it's in the chassis.

There are systems that measure engine performance via bolting sensors right to the hubs of the vehicle. Especially popular with 4wd car testing.

DynoJet is a brand name of a chassis dynomometer, the first such chassis dyno that became popular. Everything that came after was either a copy or an attempt to correct what was seen as an issue with the original. Prior to DynoJet, most dyno's were just engine dyno's and were very complex pieces of equipment.

Back