has anyone else had thier bumpers repainted?

ddw350

this will be the 2nd time ive had my bumpers on my 94 pearl sc repainted,the color matches for like 3-4 yrs then it gets yellowish again,they get redone this month.the place i always go for all my work tells me that hes done a few pearl bumpers,most recently a FEW acura tl's.they were so bad on the match that he said he woulndt have accepted it from the dealer like that....anyone else have this trouble..the ground effects still look great after the first repaint,maybe they dont get as much sun???

like 130,000.....i got it 97 and a year or two later i got the bumpers,ground fx,mirrors,side trim all repainted as all of it was turning a yellowish/pearl.it looked great for years but over the last year or so the yellowish tint has come back....

ddw350 said:
like 130,000.....i got it 97 and a year or two later i got the bumpers,ground fx,mirrors,side trim all repainted as all of it was turning a yellowish/pearl.it looked great for years but over the last year or so the yellowish tint has come back....
i do notice on my birds that the bumper material seems to be eroding away where its exposed.....
could this erosion contribute in some way to a chemical reaction with new paint perhaps?????
just spitballing here......
good luck,

paul:)

the shops i use,use PPG.. they switched from spies/hecker..thats what my truck is done in,both quality paints.i talked to a guy at the local ford shop on friday,says he just repainted the rear end of a tbird lx that was pearl...it must be a bad batch of bumpers or something?.....

Back