trunk latch question....

skydivr7673

The automatic trunk release, is it the same on all models of the SC or is it different? The auto open on mine clicks when you push the button, but the trunk still will not open. Is this a common thing? I searched but nothing came up.

I have the chance to get a new release for the 89-92 SC, and I need to know if it is the same as on the 95. Does anyone know this one? Or is there something I can do to mine to fix it? I looked at it from the inside when I pushed the button, and the mechanism appears to move like it should, but the trunk will not open even if I pull up on it while hitting the remote. The only way I can get into the trunk now is with the key. Any thoughts?

Ive had this on a few of my birds. Have a friend push down on the trunk lid when you pop the button. It will probably open. I believe you can adjust it from there.

anyone know how to adjust the trunk latch? The only way I can open the trunk using the remote is to push down on the trunk lid while pushing the button. How do you adjust that so it works properly?

The two black rubber bumpers might be adjusted too high and/or the trunk lid latch too low. This will cause the latch to pull up on the striker and require more effort from the trunk lid release solenoid.
The rubber bumpers should be adjusted so that they stop the trunklid from going down too far and not being even with the rear fenders. The latch has to be adjusted low enough so that it grips the striker and at the same time can be opened with minimum force. So raising the bumpers in order to raise the trunk lid will require that you lower the latch.
Sideways adjustment of the latch or striker is also needed to ensure that they are centered in relation to each other. I don't remember, but if there is no sideways adjustment at the latch, then there is at the striker.

Back