do 94-95s and 89-93s have the same throttle body?

x182dan

I know some of the earlier ones were a little smaller but is the linkage the same on the 9495s or because it didnt have a cable for the tranny that they are different? Basically I need to know if you could put a 94-95 throttle body in an automatic 89-93 sc

Thanks Dan

I had a 94/95 throttle body on my 89. The difference is that the late model TB's don't have a coolant passage so you have to bypass it.

CMac89 said:
I had a 94/95 throttle body on my 89. The difference is that the late model TB's don't have a coolant passage so you have to bypass it.

is your 89 an auto or 5spd cause it will work for a 5spd but im not sure about a 89-93 automatic because of the linkage

Linkage should work just fine. I've got an 89 and did the conversion from Auto to 5 speed using the same t-body and had no problems.

ThorsSuperBrd said:
Linkage should work just fine. I've got an 89 and did the conversion from Auto to 5 speed using the same t-body and had no problems.

was your tb a 94-95?

here are pics of my 94sc tb with my sn95 one will either of them work?

Attachments

• 94sctb.jpg
    94sctb.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 58
  • tb.jpg
    tb.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 71
  • pp75tb.jpg
    pp75tb.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 55
mine was an 89. sorry about the confusion, I was meaning to say that my 89 Auto worked with my 89 5 speed. I went from auto to 5 speed. The linkage you show in the pic of your 94 is exactly the same as my 89 (both). If you want to use the sn95 you may have some issues, but I can't tell from the pics. Let me know if you need some help with it and Ill see what I can come up with.

If you're looking to get rid of one of them I'll gladly take it off your hands.

Last edited:
Back