More SC Problems..

TealThunder

I got my boost gauge fixed FYI.. vaccumm line broke..

Took it to the track today. I'm kinda dissapointed... but anyways.. after a few passes I noticed the car started to run kinda bad. For example, at idle, it would rev at 2300 RPM's. And whenever I pressed the gas in Neutral, it would stick at the high RPM's... like if I revved it to 3000, the engine would idle at 3000, and about 15 seconds later it would start to slow down. But when I'm in gear, it wants to keep going. If I'm doin 40 at 1500 RPM's it stays at 1500 when I'm not even pressing the gas. (kinda like a cruise controll) When I push the clutch in to stop and downshift, the RPM's go back to around 2300. When I'm at a stop light with the clutch in, it still idles at 2300.

I also noticed my boost gauge is only reading at 5 PSI at WOT (Normally makes 11-12) and I'm making 0 Vaccum. I'm assuming its a vaccum leak thats causing the car to idle like crazy, and causing the boost/vac to be off. :confused: :confused:

Last edited:
yeah vacuum leak and possibly ur IAC valve is going south on you. pull the codes. see what ya get. even though no CEL you can have codes stored. let us know.

darkstar_one said:
yeah vacuum leak and possibly ur IAC valve is going south on you. pull the codes. see what ya get. even though no CEL you can have codes stored. let us know.

The 93 SC is OBD1 Correct? Who runs OBDI codes?

You can. In your driveway. With a paperclip. Do a search on here or on google for Ford EEC-IV codes and you can find out how to do it. Or if you have a Haynes manual it shows how in the emissions section. All you need to do is jump the Self Test Input wire with one of the other pins on the EEC Test block and the Check Engine Light will blink the codes at you.

I bought two code readers and put them in the glove boxes of my 2 SC's. That way if I'm out of town or something and the light comes on I can see if its something serious that I need to fix ASAP or if it can wait till I get home.

Sounds like a vac leak to me. Check the hose that goes to the PCV valve on the passenger side valve cover below the throttle body to the back of the intake plenum near the firewall. Those are notorious for popping off.

Well I did a vac check, and it makes normal pressure, so it must be the gauge, or the hose going to the gauge? (the wire broke near the brake booster, so I fixed it with a larger hose and some hose clamps, and thats where I did my vac test.) So Im guessing the hose is broke under the dash, or the gauge is messed up, or the hose popped off the gauge nipple As for the high idle problem, I'm assuiming its the IAC?

Last edited:
Back