What do i need to get to the 13s???

you can do it with bolt ons, or you would have to build the engine really strong...

easiest way, full exhaust with ported manifolds or headers, huge mafs and throttle body with some form of cold air induction system, ported blower with a 10% and blower top, big injectors and fuel pump, a tuner or custom burnt chip, a kick ass 5 speed or suped up auto with stall converter, drag radials, take out all the extra weight from the car, and one hell of a driver.

deeper 13's, front mount intercooler, cam, p&p heads with roller rockers, and maybe some nitrous

al

r u sure i need all that + nitrious to run 13s?!!!!!!!!!!!!

last i heard i needed ported blower cold air intake full exhaust hi flow catsand new heads drag radials and a short shifter

He said you'd need "all that" and nitrous to ge DEEP 13's.
As in low 13's. Big difference between 13.9 and 13.1. It may not sound like much but it is.
Correct me if I am wrong here guys, but to drop a 1/2 second you need to add 75 or so horsepower.....at least that's the old school thought. Good luck on our quest for 13's!!!! OH, and a set of deeper gears will help a bunch.

traction

that is the main part im running in the 14s at 4500 elevation and traction is a big problem and the rule is but usely never works is for every 100 hp to the wheels u will drop a full sec

yea my tracks are at about 500 feet..im thinking of picking up some sc pref rockers and a set of coy miller heads and stage 1 cam and some new fel pro gaskets and arp studs..my gasket hasnt blowen yet but i wana make sure its not gona give way on me..right now i have a 1990 SC 5 spd with 3-2-3" and some hi flow street legal cats..im planning on getting some kooks hedars..i also have a ZR Motorsports cold air intake..im also planning in the next week to get underdrive pulleys..and a 5% after the heads and cam r done..will this get me to the 13s with slicks? is so..mid low or hi?

hey.... for the price you are gonna pay for the coy heads.. there are alot better options out there for you.

With very minimal mods... plus heads/cam I pulled 288rwhp.

Shoot me an email and I'll get you info on Stegimier head packages.

Chris

spanel@americasown.net

depends

i think with that package and how well you can drive your car high to mid 13s are very possible but like i said traction is the key not only tires but since we have an IRS wheel hop is bad if you launch high

You can (and I have) done mid to high 13's with stock heads, cam and injectors. Of course I have practically every bolt-on available and a set of Mickey Thompson ET Streets :) And yes I was running a little lean on the big end and blew the head gaskets during the 13.54 run.

{edit}Almost forgot, that was with the stock throttle body.

Last edited:
hey I'm no expert on mods to get into the 13s but this is what I believe so far and what I'm pursuing based on what I've heard and read.

The cold air induction with much bigger than stock MAF is one of the first big gainers. Guys run 14s just with that.
Total cost only about 350ish.

The other is the exhaust. I took my cats out and with better MAF/cold air intake could then just beat 5.0s on the street. Then I added headers, big center muffler from SCCoA, but ran it into the stock back system (I found no improvement taking the back resonators off) and I can run on the street neck and neck with 275hp camaros/firebirds....or in other words...possible low 14s. Total cost was another $700.

Now comes a variety of ways to get into the 13s. I believe the lowest cost approach is to do the magnaport II blower mod for $450, add $500 for the "superplenum", and big TB ($350) and see how that does. I'm still investigating what exactly the combo of this plus pulley would keep boost to 12lb or under....so as to still keep my stock head gaskets going. Total cost about $1400.

Spinning up the blower in place of one or more of the above has yielded 13s for many but then you could blow the stock head gaskets if you exceed 12lb boost with all this new power.

Add to this the bigger fuel pump + injectors which you should be able to cobble together for a few hundred.

Total cost therefore could be as little as around $2800 for the whole project in the best case scenario.

Back