How to bypass Alarm Starter Kill?

Sam Woodson

Anyone know how to bypass the Starter Kill on an alarm? It's an "Internet" brand, which is out of business. The back of the alarm "box" shows the leads and what they do, etc.. There is an orange one that says Starter Kill. Of course for some reason they decided to use rolls of black electrical tape to bind them all together. There are 2 inline fuses coming from the Alarm box.

At one point a long time ago, I had just had a Code Alarm installed on a car. Drove an hour away for dinner, went out to the car, it wouldn't start. Luckily I was able to call the store (they were minutes from closing) and they had me put a fuse inbetween 2 of the leads off the Alarm Box. Then it fired right up. This one only had 1 wire labeled for Starter Kill and it is built into a main wiring harness that connects to the Alarm box. I'd just like to remove the Alarm from the possible culprits.

(Also see Dash install, Won't start thread)

Thanks,

the orange starter kill wire is connected to a relay. on the relay there are usually 2 heavier gauge wires that are connected to the starter wirefrom your ignition harness. all you really have to do is find were the starter wire is cut and reconnect it. this will bypass the relay completely. if your alarm is not activated and the fuses for the power to the alarm are out you shouuldnt have any problems starting the car, also just cut the orange wire this will disengage the relay. but if you want a permanent solution i would just reconnect the factory wiring where it was cut.

Back