Smallest rims that fit.

super_chicken

I was just wondering, how small of a rim can be put on these cars? I Don't plan on driving it anywhere, just to put them on to store it in my barn for a while. I just want to get my nicer tires off of it so I don't screw them up.

At the local u-pull junkyard there are a few tauruses with 14's on them, will they clear the brakes?

Also, jackstands aren't an option. The car hardly fits in the barn as it is, there is no room.

Thanks a lot.

You will need at least 15" wheels to clear the front brakes. All the Sables and Tauri from 96 - on had 15" wheels that will work. Also, Windstar wheels do the job as well.

cheers
Ed N.

If you're just using the wheels/tires for storing the car, I'd just use four stock spares. You should be able to pick those up for very little $$ at a junkyard.

-Rod

I actually was concidering spares, think I could leave the car on them for a while? I probably won't drive the car again for a couple years at this point.

I am currently in North Buffalo, I'm in the college heights area.

and then when you do decide to drive it again, you can melt the spares off the back;) doin donuts on spare tires, fun fun

It will probably be awhile before I can drive it again. I had been doing little stuff to it to finally get it nice, and I just started adding more performance stuff. Then...the electrode fell out of a plug and screwed something up with the valves. Bosch (I know....I know) sucks and won't do a thing about it. They were the right plugs, and only had like 10k on them. I figure when I do fix it, I'll freshen up the motor, get a cam, head work, etc etc etc, but for now I just don't have the cash to fix it.

I'll probably just go the spare route. As long as they won't suck for long term storage.

Back