Screw California

yea i would never move there EVER....I saw videos like that before and its crap...I put a sticker on my car, that makes me street racer...bull...man would I be givin the cops over there a hard time....

he didnt have a front plate on

i dont either? i am sure glad i didnt opt for the stickers... you know the stickers are what give you the HP, right? i was thinking of putting a tokico, and konig sticker on my window, and a few other to push me up to 300hp...but after this i am just going to stay blown, stock, blown.

yeah cali wont allow me to leaglly use a cold air intake, or breather elements, or even neon lights...

Merlon said:
yeah cali wont allow me to leaglly use a cold air intake, or breather elements, or even neon lights...

You mean you can pass the emission tests with these parts, but they are still illegal to use?? What did they do, pass a law that contains a list of items you can't install in your car??

Ira

id love to see the look on their faces when they pulled my red and silver car over because i know it would happen
and laugh when they saw it was completely stock

id like to see what theyd try to get me for

well modifying your vehicle is not ILLEGAL! its just that here in california the modifications like an intake and headers need to carry a C.A.R.B. number. meaning that they have been certified by the CALIFORNIA AIR RESOURCE BOARD and wont increase emissions.... thats why C.A.R.B. mods are expensive. Nothing really to get all worried about... the police only stop RICERS with loud exhaust.... its mostly the ones with the fart cans on... ive never seen a mustang or a slowmaro get pulled over for an exhaust violation or let alone heard of one here in california.... and if there are cops out there that do that they live over there in CONSERVATIVE land were manny lives... i never got once pulled over when i cut off my mufflers... it was loud.... but hmm that video is total ~~~~~~~~! dont worry... your only problem here is finding a good smog test place. I found one :D :cool:

Pearl Red XR7 said:
:eek: I saw this Vid. and thought I would share with the rest of the class. I am never moving to California.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NCyMkB0uMeg

Wow. The People's Republik of Kalifornia was bad enough when I escaped in 1993. Even back then you couldn't modify anything hardly and if you did you would not pass the emissions test required every 2 years (even if it ran clean enough to pass). But I had NO idea the cops could inspect under your hood.

God I love Idaho!

Ive been outside of California, and I wouldnt want to live anywhere else, regardless of smog laws.

Out of all of the times Ive been pulled over, the cops have never asked me to open my hood or anything. They asked what I had under the hood, and I just say its all stock. One time a cop pulled me over, even though the guy in front of me was speeding, he acknowledged the speeder and said " I just wanted to check out your car, this Tbird looks nice, but oh yeah, by the way, the Flowmasters are illegal" .. but he didnt give me a ticket, just said have a nice day. Most of the cops ive run into are pretty cool as long as you're not breaking the law, they just give ricers a hard time.

- Dan

anything that says 50 state legal is legal in california.... and yes why live anywhere else besides california? the atmosphere is tough to beat!

"This blue hose is even illegal. It doesn't meet the standards of California Law."

I about died when I heard that. And yes... their anti-street racing laws seem to be selectively enforced on ricers. I've driven by cops with my exhaust, and they don't do anything but watch me drive by. It's all about not being a douchebag while cops can see you. heh.

The cops dont even care about t-birds!!! there out busting ricers mostly, a mustang or camaro here & there.... no t-birds! I live on the brown side of town & no ones smog legal!!! Cops got better things to do then checking whats under your hood. After you see all the hot women out here you wont care what the law says!!!:D PReDiTR91 :D

Yeah seriously .. when I read the topic "Screw California" .. what the !??? No I dont think so. :rolleyes:
These guys bashing California dont even know.
There are other states out there that have smog laws that are pretty bad also. But as far as looking under your hood, thats what they do to these ricers and street racers.
We have cars broken into all the time at my work .. we call the cops and you know what they say ?? "We're too busy to come out there and file a report." If they wont even do that service, why would they waste time looking for Smog stuff unless you're being obnoxious or racing ??

the cops are not that bad here .those laws have been inforce for 30 yrs.
I dont get harrassed and my sc sets off there spider senses. but its my age I guess cops just say hmm old fart probably his sons car.

or just dont mess with older people. I do see kids pulled over all the time.
my car sits on its arse. has a scooped hood, there are many twin lines of rubber on my street staring from where my sc sits.

+ I know most of the cops here and we have a huge route66 celibration every year with thousands of hot rods on our down town streets. and cops are told to be nice to the hot car crowd as the city brings in millions from this event and they dont want to chase the money /cars away.

Attachments

• down town sb.JPG
    down town sb.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Cops aren't that bad here in CA. They have never asked me to open my hood or anything like that. My SC has modified exhaust, and even when i am next to them, they never pull me over.. :) :)

well I guess what I hear from people must be hearsay,like by the time the story makes it to my ears its changed a million times.i'll take the word of the people actually living there.If they are just goin after the ricers,thats doin us a service,I can't stand them.A lil while ago I had some guy pull up next to me in like the first CRX ever with a huge wing revvin his car at me with his kid halfway out the window,we were in the turning lane:confused: .....

mannysc said:
+ I know most of the cops here and we have a huge route66 celibration every year with thousands of hot rods on our down town streets. and cops are told to be nice to the hot car crowd as the city brings in millions from this event and they dont want to chase the money /cars away.

He's right, its all about the $.
In support of the poster of this thread, I will say that San Diego is quickly turning into an Imported Yuppie Commune. Complete with million-dollar tractones on NO PROPERTY, and SUV's that never get dirty and make it hard to see on the freeway.
Hitler's dream is coming true down there, all blondes with the same phony everything, fenced-in with armed guards. Just took 70 more years than he planned.

In support of the State, I'd say the Cop ratio in CA. is about the same 50-50 good cop to bad cop my experience. And I am always glad to see one of those loudened honda owners get their nipples twisted. There are four or five of them here in my complex I would love to no longer have to hear!

Arnold is an advocate of class-style gentrification, for certain. Poor people beware!

paul

Back