Recovered the Dash Myself

Sam Woodson

Bought some Marine grade vinyl, spent 2 weekends removing and installing the dash and 2 nights during the week covering the dash.

See pictures below. The Passenger side isn't perfect, it has so many curves, etc. But it looks 1000% better than the old cracked dash.

Attachments

• New dash Ps  inside (Large).JPG
    New dash Ps inside (Large).JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 246
  • New dash Dr inside (Large).JPG
    New dash Dr inside (Large).JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 238
Good idea..

looks good, you did a real nice job. Looks much better then the crakced dash.

I had a car show to attend and my dash was cracked everywhere, a friend of mine helped me out and we recovered it in 2 nights with tweed. We didn't take the dash out, but I think we did a pretty good job. I even did the headliner, and a few other things just to blend the dash in a little bit. I plan on taking the dash out and having it recovered in white and light grey vinyl. Then after a year o two of showing it, I will glass all the panels/dash/etc.. Just to change it up a bit.

Attachments

• bird40lk.jpg
    bird40lk.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
Thanks, I didn't want to spend $200 for a used dash (shipping incl) then have it split in a year, etc. The passenger side isn't perfect, but much better. See the before pics below. Yes, the Instrument "hood" was cracked up and the Pass side Dash Plate was missing. All fixed now! Previous owner described the interior as MINT!

Attachments

• Tbird Dash Dr side (Large).JPG
    Tbird Dash Dr side (Large).JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 87
  • Tbird dash Ps side missing piece (Large).JPG
    Tbird dash Ps side missing piece (Large).JPG
    110.1 KB · Views: 101
Back