omg another broken wire !~

Spider

ok the last wire to be hooked up on this cat to make it run and its in a hard spot to get to. this has been happening since day 1. every step has a halt and heres another one.

the answer i really wanna hear is NO but can this wire be left unplugged or does it need to be hooked up ?

if i need to hook it up i have no idea what color wire goes to what side or even where it goes and i don't know how i would get a new plug. i searched everywhere trying to find the other end of the plug before i put the underneath of the dash back together but i didn't find anywhere for it to go so here i am now before i finish putting back on all my trim pieces i need to know what to do with this plug...
the plug is so broken it just fell off while i was trying to look at it...

any ideas ? :(

a3.jpg

a2.jpg

a1.jpg

a4.jpg

Last edited:
Ill try

Well I will try to help you out here, but I am NO expert at reading the Electrical Manaul from Ford.

But it looks to me that the Purple/Orange Wire is a power feed. And the Purple/White wire comes from the Brake Indicator Switch, runs through the Brake Fluid Level Switch, Into the Daytime Running Lamps Module, through the Ignition Switch, and finally into the Park Brake Switch.

I know this isnt really what your looking for, but maybe it will help you figure out were to start Looking.

Mike

Yea I guess that is a little confusing, I just went out and was looking under the dash panel and didnt see any connector looking like that, Hopefully someone else will chime in.

Sorry not to be of help for ya.

MIke

well I'm kinda hoping its not that since that sounds like it needs to be plugged in. I'm hoping its something i can just forget about since i really don't wanna take my dash apart and figure out how i would fix the plug them find what wire goes where and ect...

is that for sure what the plug is ? or is it for something else ? i really need to know since i realy cant finish up my car without knowing :(

I just went under the dash of my old 35th. What I saw was 2 blue and red striped wires on top of the fuse relay (possibly plugged into it for a fuse). I couldnt really dig around in that jumble of wiring but, its what I saw.

well theres another post with the same wire. picture #2

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74591
post #8 says "The connector in picture 2 must be hidden behind my fuse box/junction block. I'd have to tear up the dash to find it. It could be for the parking brake switch on an n/a car"

would the n/a be for my car or ? does this mean i dont need it ? im really confused :(

Last edited:
No, N/A means naturally aspirated, or not supercharged. The N/A cars have a foot-operated parking brake. So, the wiring for the parking brake warning light would be under the dash and not in the center console like ours is.

That sounds like a reasonable explanation of what the wire might be ... but I really don't know for sure what it is. It looks like a speaker connector.

Back