WIDE staggered wheels - need offset so I can buy

Mercury267

I have a '95 Thunderbird and I am ready to outfit some wheels and tires. My car is lowered 2" in the front with Intrax springs, and 1.5" in the rear with poly spring isolators.

I have decided to run a 17" X 9" in the front (need to know the offset so there is no hang out or rubbing in the turns)

AND

I am going to put an 18" X 10" in the rear (also need to know the proper offset so there is no hang out or rubbing under load).

I searched the FAQ posts, but nothing came up for me on these sizes. I kept finding posts on 8" wide wheels.

Can anyone help?

mercury267@juno.com
443-864-9144

Thanks,
~Mercy

What i run...

I run 245/45/17 in front on a 17x9 Cobra wheel and it rubs a little when backing up/hard slow speed turns. With that wide of a wheel tires tend to look kinda funny if you run narrower than a 255.

I am currently running fuzion ZRI's and they have a pretty weird looking lip to them, tires too narrow for a 9" wheel.

I would recommend a 255/45 even though there will be minor rubbing when backing out of a parking stall...

Dylan Roth

Yeah, ideally I wanted an 8" wheel in the front, but nothing I like is in that width. It all seems to be 9".

I have found that the wider the front wheels the more the car has a tendancy to pull around in the direction of the ruts which are naturally worn into the road surfaces.

I haven't heard of anyone having any rubbing problems though with 9's in the front or 10's in the rear as long as there is the correct back spacing achieved.

That is the info I need to make a wheel selection.

Back