A special thanks to the SC community and update on my medical situation

white91sc

SC Community,
As many of you know, through the past several months I have struggled through the most difficult time of my life because of medical problems. I do not see how I could have made it through this difficult time without the SC community. Even when I was not well enough to check the boards, I had someone doing it for me.
I would like to confess that I often did not let on exactly how bad my situation got, I had more than one time when the doctor's really were doubtful and those were the times that it was all determination, I honestly believe I had times I could've really "given up." My grandparents actually came to "say goodbye" at one point. They drove to the airport and flew 1,600 miles on about an hour's notice from my father.
Today, however I have good news to report. I have voluntarily begun physical therapy (actually so that I'd be well enough to work on my SC when I got out) and after 7 weeks, I finally have a tentative release date of tuesday or wednesday of next week. I got to go outside for the first time during that 7 weeks today, it wasn't truly outside, it is a roof top sitting area, but that gives you an idea of how truly bed bound I was. I was not and am not actually allowed to get out of bed unassisted, but I have been walking, leaning on the IV pump. I still have some issues, but I'm closer in the right direction. Also, out of the hospital does not mean recovered. I still have a year at least before I can go back to school and all.
Indiana looks promising (my goal all along) the challenge will be to get the car top notch within budget.
Anyway, the purpose of this post was to really tell the community I could not have gotten through this without all of you, Thank you you honestly saved my life.

Please continue to keep me in your thoughts and prayers that my recovery continues in a positive direction.

Adam Mullen
The SC Kid

thank god you're alright. hearing from you that we "saved your life" sent chills down my spine, and brought a tear to my eye. i guess the power of prayer works.

glad to hear you feel better, and i wish you a safe and speedy recovery. i can honestly say that the sc community is a better place with you.

take care and god bless
-matt

Now this is some GOOD news!

Great to hear back from you Adam, I knew you'd make it. Sheer determination can literally move mountains. I know you've got alot of that in you. You may be "out of the woods" now, but you've still got to do your part to get strong again.

You can't leave us, you have too much support here. I've been tossing the idea around in my head as to whether or not I'd like to show up in indiana. Hotel is cheap and it would be about a 12 hour drive. Problem is, I'm the only driver. My wife don't drive. I can take time off, but she can't. We ain't got no money since I've been out of work since april and I'm starting something else but it hasn't paid yet. Lots of issues, so I dunno.

But my problems are petty compared to what you are facing, or what you have faced. 2002 might end up turning out to be a decent year so far.

I would suggest that you concentrate on everything that is positive in your life right now. Like simple pleasures of going outside and the fact that you're 20 and your grandparents are still alive (I wish I had that luxury). Avoid the news, they are depressing. So someone should post some jokes here to make adam feel better. i don't have any off the top of my head since I have a splitting headache right now, but I'm sure I'll think of something later. Get better, can't wait to see you on the flip side!

That's great.. I'm glad you're recovering.. and I'm sort of humbled that we had anything to do with it. Saying another prayer for your continued recovery.. :) :)

Joe,
Good to hear from you. As for your situation, I drove as the only drive 2 years in a row to Carlisle from southwest Florida. Not saying that means anyone can do it, but I did it after a bone marrow transplant one of those times.
Financially, that's up to you. You have to decide what is important. One thing I will say is that I learned the value of one day through this. A day of fun is worth more than anything to me after facing death.
My final statement is regarding Indiana. I don't want anyone to feel responsibility to go out of their way to go to Nationals to see me. First of all, I may not make it and won't know 100% for sure until I actually arrive in Indiana that I will make it. Second, the sc community has done a service to me that I can never repay. Without the boost of confidence behind me, I don't know that I could've gotten through this. By the way Joe, I don't have your e-mail address but I have a couple of digital shots of your car from Carlisle you might like, drop me an e-mail to atmax@aol.com and I'll send them to you. Thanks for the ride back to my truck that night at Carlisle and by the way the ice did not damage anything.

Adam Mullen
The SC Kid

dude i dont even know you but i am really glad to hear that you are feeling better. i have, like the rest of us, kept up with all the updates hoping that one day we would get a post like you just did. it gave me goose bumps. it makes me feel good to know that i might have helped just a little bit in making someone feel better.

Way to do Dude, Hope to see ya soon.

Hey, great to hear that you are doing well again. Never met a more generous person in a long time!!!! If anyone was at Carslile, Adam temporarily donated his ramps that he drove up with from FLORIDA, to help me change my oil in the Super 8 parking lot with SC Dave of East End SC. Also, hope that you are feeling great soon and the power of prayer does WORK!!!! I really look foward to seeing you and taking you for a ride in the SC next Carslile show.

The guys from the NJTACC also say Best wishes to a speedy recovery.

Anyway, I'll try to call you on the cell phone again.

Don O'Neill, Jr.

President of the NJTACC

The pleasure was mine guys

I must say the NJTACC was a truly great group of guys and their significant others. I have never felt so accepted so quickly, granted you and I had talked ahead of time Don. The ramp usage wasn't a big deal, I actually wished I could've helped a bit more but had my health factor. You, Joe, Hebert, Dave, everyone couldn't have been nicer. One thing, Dave mentioned he might have some of the upper harness I needed since I had some broken injector clips and the shop had done some cut and splicing I wasn't happy with. Any chance you could ask him about that for me? Let me know what he wants for it, Ford says the part is obselete and no one has any in the NOS stock either.

Adam Mullen
The SC Kid

glad to see you back on the boards Adam, I have only been here a while but have seen you post before, so I don't really know you too well, but anytime someone is as sick as you were and comes back is a great thing! Way to go Adam!

Another Victory for the SC! :) Well kinda!

Back