Please Help

gogeta

My reservoir coolant for the radiator is not working, it has a problem with the litle tube that connnects the radiator to the reservoir, I try to fix it by connecting the tube with glue but did not work.

I went to a mechanic an he said I had to buy a new reservoir , but the jubkyard dont have it and the ford dont do it any more.

Please HELP the car gets very hot, I try not to go after the m of norm but is going very frecuently and on top Im paying alot for coolant.

PLEASE HELP
THANKS FOR YOUR REPLYS

Im in chicago

Which end of the tube are you having problems with. At the radiator end it is usually just a push fit, but over time the tube can swell and loosen. At the reservoir end it is crimped onto the spout at the bottom. If the reservoir itself is in good shape, then simply go to your auto parts store and get a new length of tube. I just did this on my '94 SC because the new radiator fitting was on the wrong side of the pressure cap. I believe I used vacuum hose and just push fitted it both ends - no problem.

I have seen this problem one time before where the white plastic nipple had gotten so hot it basically glued itself shut.
What I did was snip the metal clamp off , pulled the hose loose and the took a small heated nail and reopened the nipple. You could probably cut a small section of the nipple off but be careful not to cut too much.
I used a wire tie to secure the hose after the above work.

S

Back