Clutch Bleeding ?!

bbird94

Guys,

I have bled the clutch about a half dozen times and still don't quit know the perfect way to do it. So what do people do when bleeding their clutch?!

Any help would be awesome and thank you for your time !!

Later,
Brandon

I'm with you sometimes it goes smoothly othertimes it's about a 4-beer job. I still have found a foolproof way of doing it.

I use one of those inexpensive one man bleeder kits. It works for brakes or the clutch. The bottle that holds the fluid that comes out of the slave cylinder bleeder has a magnet on it. I attach that above the bleeder on the chassis. Make sure you dont let the clutch mc cylinder reservoir run dry. Or you will be starting over.

I've always just used a helper to press the pedal while I lay under the car working the wrench.

"Down, loosen, tighten, up. Down, loosen, tighten, up." Do that checking often to see that the reservoir doesnt' empty and that's about it. I do it until fresh fluid comes through clearly.

It's not difficult.

I know this sounds odd, but it works. I have had to do it twice and will be doing it again soon.

When you first start, have someone push the pedal to the floor once and hold it AFTER you have cracked the bleeder. Then tighten the bleeder with the pedal to the floor.

Then follow Daves routine.......

I dont know why, but it seems to draw the fluid quicker starting with the pedal pushed.

Hell ill throw my way of doing it out there, hell this is how i bleed brakes and clutches. Make sure there is plenty of fluid in the resivor, crawl under there and crack the bleeder open. Sit back and drink how ever many beers it may take, but keep an eye on the fluid. After its drained for a while, and you see nothing but fluid coming out, close her up and try it again, should be good to go, this is how i bled the clutch in my XR7 and how i bled the brakes in my truck, works like a champ

Derek

Back