PDA

View Full Version : ARP Main Beraing Studs.......Some Install Questions!

edspringer
03-16-2006, 02:55 PM
I'm getting ready to put my 94 SC back together and I got ARP main bearing cap studs and rod studs from Bill Evanoff. I already have the ARP head bolt kit installed.

Now there are 4 OEM main bearing bolts that have studs on them that attach the windage tray and oil pump suction tube to the bearing caps once they are torqued. Now I can't put the windage tray between the ARP stud washer and bearing cap surface because the washer and tray hole are similar in size. So as I torque down the cap studs, I would probably tear the tray material, cocking the ARP washer and not get the proper bearing cap torque.

Is anyone using the ARP main bearing studs? If so, how did you mount the windage tray?

I did not get any ARP torque info from Bill. Would some one provide me the correct ARP torque info or is it the same as OEM?

Ed Springer

94 Red SC Auto: 70mm TB, Fresh Air Intake, Stock 90 SC Pulley, Accel 36# injectors, Scorpian 1.73 Rockers, ARP Head Studs, 190 l/h fuel pump, Raised SC Top, Headers, Raven Muffler (no cats) with stock resonators, 3:73 Gears, 76 C&L MAF (Gold Tube), MSD DIS-4 + Ignition Box, TRANSGO Shift Kit, Haydon Auxiliary Transmission Cooler, Pro-Torque 2500 TC, Tokico Struts & Shocks, Royal Purple Synthetic Lubricants, Optima Yellow Top Battery, American Racing 17 Sniper Wheels, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, COMMANDO Alarm and Remote Starter and Autometer A/F Ratio and Transmission Oil Temperature Gauges.

WhiteThunder
03-16-2006, 04:04 PM
[QUOTE=edspringer]I'm getting ready to put my 94 SC back together and I got ARP main bearing cap studs and rod studs from Bill Evanoff. I already have the ARP head bolt kit installed.

Now there are 4 OEM main bearing bolts that have studs on them that attach the windage tray and oil pump suction tube to the bearing caps once they are torqued. Now I can't put the windage tray between the ARP stud washer and bearing cap surface because the washer and tray hole are similar in size. So as I torque down the cap studs, I would probably tear the tray material, cocking the ARP washer and not get the proper bearing cap torque.

Is anyone using the ARP main bearing studs? If so, how did you mount the windage tray?

I did not get any ARP torque info from Bill. Would some one provide me the correct ARP torque info or is it the same as OEM?

Ed Springer

Ed,

I'm using a '94 block in my '90 SC. I don't know who told me, it might have been someone with ARP in California, that you can't use the windage tray if you use the ARP main bearing stud kit. In my case, I used the stock bolts and put the windage tray on.

You can reach ARP in Ventura by calling (800) 826-3045.

Eddie D

'90 5-speed SC
'97 LX w/sports suspension

BT Motorsports
03-16-2006, 06:49 PM
This has been gone over and asnwered, please use the search feature.

Paul

SupachargedSC
03-16-2006, 07:47 PM
Since BT motorsports knows the answer but doesnt seem to want to help I did some searching and here is what I found, I hope the link works.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21443&highlight=arp+main+stud

If you dont have anything helpful to post why post at all? We are all here to help each other right?

Mike8675309
03-17-2006, 12:33 AM
Some choose to feed, others choose to teach them to fish. Who are we to cast the first stone?

Another thread that may help. You may want to PM the user that said it was what they were doing to get the final dope on how it worked out.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41660&highlight=arp+main+studs+windage