90 Tbird to 93 Cougar Digital Dash

sgtzero

First time poster, pretty new to the Cougar/Tbird.

I currently own a '93 Cougar XR7, and my digital dash just went out. I've called around to various junk yards in my area, and I have yet to find a replacment digital dash specific to my year and make of car. I've already purchased an analog dash this morning, but I found out abit too late that it's a royal pain to remap/sodder the wires from one harness to another.

So, I'm browsing across ebay and I find a digital dash for a '90 Tbird. Now, it /looks/ similar, but I know that doesn't mean much of anything. Can anyone tell me if I can swap the '90 Tbird digital dash into my '93 Cougar? Any and all help is greatly appreciated. If there is a solution I'm not thinking off, please show me the light. : ) Really anything at this point so that I can atleast see;

a. how much gas I have
b. my speed

I'm located in Indiana if any fine Hoosiers know where I can maybe find an original '93 Cougar Dash.

Last edited:
I have seen quite a few in the local pull-a-part....

Don't know the exact year, but they were all cougars.....

I can get some pictures, if you want.....

Yes, please, and thank you!

None of the salvage yards around me (Central Indiana) seems to have it. It would be a god send if they could actually ship it to me here. Any and all info you can gather would be a huge help to this newbie.

:)

is the display itself out or just the back lighting.if it is just the back lighting just check the bulds or the small wire ribbon the illuminates them.hook the dash up and shine a light on it to see if it marks.

I just went out to see if the lights had burned out, and I can't see any activity when I start up the car. I was in the garage with the lights out, then I put a flash light to the dash to see if I could see any movement, and nothing. The idiot lights still work along the bottom, such as Door Ajar and Seatbelt Warning Light, but nothing above in the main cluster where Speed/Tach/Gas/Temp are all shown.

Now, I did find this place;

http://www.instrumentclusters.com/

And they said they would repair the dash to "like new" for $230, and it would take about 4 days of work time, not including the shipping from Indy to Virginia. Anyone have any history with this company?

let me look here i have a few some place if the milage isn't a big deal i will sell you one just let me know

Mileage is no big deal, I'm currently around 122k if you have something close, but I'm not planning on getting alot of resell value out of this car. I plan on riding this horse till the legs fall out from under it. :) If you do find one, I'd be very interested in purchasing it. So far I can't find one around me anywhere, or on ebay. Closest I've come so far is the company I listed above repairing my dash for $230+, or trying to do a god awful digital to analog conversion with the analog dash I purchased today for $30. I'd love to just be able to plug and swap my current digital dash with one just like it. I'm not an extremly technical person when it comes to automotive repairs, but I listen well.

well i will dig one out may take a day or two but i will let you know and i'm alot cheaper then what they want.

phyxius said:
well i will dig one out may take a day or two but i will let you know and i'm alot cheaper then what they want.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. Just let me know when you get it out and how much you want for it. You just made my day alot less stressful.

Back