Well...this sucks...

TealThunder

I figured my high idling problem was due to a faulty IAC. I took it to a shop to have it diagnosed, and get the codes ran...

Needs a new cam sensor (was expecting that), and it needs a new timing cover gasket. :mad: :( So, now I'm SC-less again.

TealThunder said:
I figured my high idling problem was due to a faulty IAC. I took it to a shop to have it diagnosed, and get the codes ran...

Needs a new cam sensor (was expecting that), and it needs a new timing cover gasket. :mad: :( So, now I'm SC-less again.

What's the price/damage for all that to be done?

Don't forget the cost of a new balancer and bolt. Not recommended to re-use them. And to pull the timing cover off to change the gasket you'll have to reposition the cam sensor, so paint a mark on it and install it EXACTLY how it comes out. It has teeth like a distributor and if you are one tooth off your timing will be off.

The sensor itself is simple to change its 2 8mm bolts and can be done by removing the SC belt. I changed mine in the parking lot of Advance Auto Parts. The cam sensor won't affect your idle though. Mine died and my car stalled. It would just take a while to start and then the tach didn't work but it ran fine. I drove it for a week until my part came in.

Back